• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How reliable are your digital gas gauges?

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
Tank in my sled is written as 10us gallons...my gauge said empty with gas light on and I filled it with 5 imp gallons to overflow... so is the digital gauge reliable? I was told should get 200km's out of a tank.

On my 06 Attak 200km's is a press but I have a 1.5" track. Even though 200k was tough to get with the original track. My light comes on at 160 km.

on the newer sleds you have like a half a tank left when the light comes on.

As stated above it is supposed to come on with a couple gallons left. I have found them to be very consistent tank to tank. 5 gallons is not normal even if imperial.

Yamadoo

? like I said gas light was on and 5 imp gallons was put in and the tank was visually full... guess we'll have to see last year I would get 170-180 km's before light came on and was never worried about running out of fuel. I've never had an issue I was just told that digital gauges are always off I thought that Yamaha's gauges were accurate. I know doo's are way off they change from bump to bump and start up to start up.

I have a 2011 Apex SE, rode it for the first time this past weekend. I was getting used to everything and forgot to reset my trip meter, but when I was down to 1 bar the low fuel light came on and the odometer was replaced with f-000 display, was near a gas station and it read f-003 when stopped. I put 25 liters in, supposed to have 35L tank. Next time the light came on the F-000 counted up to F-027 when we got back. I have not put fuel in since to see how much it is going to take. But what does the F-000 numbers mean?? I'm assuming it is your last 10 Litres, but what is it counting KM's? or fuel used. F-027 = 2.7L used of the last 10L or 27 km traveled since the light came on? Nothing in the owners manual, and can't find mention of this in the forum searching several different ways.

Yamanimal said:
i think it means km/mi since gas light came on

Correct if you have the spedo set for miles..... it is miles driven since the light came on.... or Km driven if set for Km

Back