• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How reliable are your digital gas gauges?

snowman 700 said:
Yamanimal said:
i think it means km/mi since gas light came on

Correct if you have the spedo set for miles..... it is miles driven since the light came on.... or Km driven if set for Km

Thank you Yamanimal and snowman 700 for clearing that up for me. ;)!

The gauge is digital but the sending unit is mechanical. You can remove the sending unit and bend the arm up or down to adjust when the light comes on, for those with it way off.

The gas guage is just as reliable as the speedo. The first half tank seems huge, goes forever.....when you hit the half tank mark & the gauge drops like no tomorow!!! :o|

I always run with a 800 Polaris, and use his sled for my gas gauge. He WILL run out, way before I do. And the 600 Doo, uses me for a gauge. Depending on which 1200 doo I ride with, I can use one of those as a gauge as well. LOL

trail riding i don't start to worry till around 200 km anymore, when my light comes on usually 8-10 ltrs of fuel left but 06 with 38 ltr tank

My 06 Gt only gets to 130k and my low fuel light came on.noticed I've been getting bad fuel mileage,only getting 160k to a tank which I fig I should be getting better fuel mileage from my sled than 160k.
Bought this sled Before Xmas.but not liking the fuel mileage,
I've been told it may be due to the after market exhaust on it,
Not sure if that's true or not'.or maybe should be looking to see if there's a reason why the mileage is not great,it seems to run good with no problems.

my 2010 fuel light comes on around 120 miles out with about 2 gallons left in the tank. I have made it 150 miles on a tank of gas on perfect trail conditions. Back country riding fuel light comes on around 100 miles. I bought a koplin 1.5 gallon fuel pack for extra ( just in case ) to be able to get more miles if needed. Has already saved me a few times and others that have ridden with me.
Gage seems is pretty accurate. :sled1:

Back