• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane Hindle Muffler

I did. And Nelson Lake Rd. Beautiful snow conditions back there.

Re: Hurricane Hindle...all I can say is, the thing sounds amazing. First ride with it today. The skis didn't spend a lot of time on the snow...the sled screams.

8b23ce1de65ea61b4e9e99fe06ec8cc6.jpg
b4321817b44b09460f337c451e605d7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you also have huricanes clutch ramps set up for his muffler from hurricane?

I did. And Nelson Lake Rd. Beautiful snow conditions back there.

Re: Hurricane Hindle...all I can say is, the thing sounds amazing. First ride with it today. The skis didn't spend a lot of time on the snow...the sled screams.

8b23ce1de65ea61b4e9e99fe06ec8cc6.jpg
b4321817b44b09460f337c451e605d7a.jpg

I see you installed hex bolts, wise choice.

Also applied copper anti-seize for good measure...fingers crossed.

Nice exhaust. Have a couple of questions before I make a desicion to buy.
1. There is no flex pipe like Oem and like all other aftermarket manufacturers? what happens if the tip of exhaust hits something? What gives? Will the flange crack from vibration. I see that TD has a flex pipe.
2. The flange on the turbo has a flat section over the waste gate. Will that hurt performance. I see in the turbo industry they have a different pipe for the waste gate or divorced type. I thought the theory was to have a separate stream to limit turbulence on the main exhaust.
3. With this muffler will I be safe on stock programming at -25 wide open throttle. I do a lot of riding in northern Quebec.

Thanks.

A lot of stupid question for first post.
Die hard v max 4 guy

We did not add a flex joint because there is no movement in the turbo therefore in the exhaust.the science developed in the hurricane exhaust is in the flange at the turbo. We created this design to control the boost so therefore the afr at factory settings where stock mapping is used.as the boost is raised from reflashing,the efficiency of the flange increases accordingly. This is why we gained 16hp without the need for reflash.the engine runs at stock boost and afr for safe operation.

We did not add a flex joint because there is no movement in the turbo therefore in the exhaust.the science developed in the hurricane exhaust is in the flange at the turbo. We created this design to control the boost so therefore the afr at factory settings where stock mapping is used.as the boost is raised from reflashing,the efficiency of the flange increases accordingly. This is why we gained 16hp without the need for reflash.the engine runs at stock boost and afr for safe operation.
I am not sure, but if I go over a snow bank and my exhaust tip hits it will it bend?
If it is more difficult for the waste gate to expel over boost wouldn't that be the case with the flat flange and increase boost?. Sorry for all the questions. many posts on other sites discussing this. I am not sure what I read is true. No dis respect.
So at minus 25 I have no lean condition for sure. TD and others have posted that a flash is needed. I just don't want to be in the middle of no where in northern Quebec and lean out and loose a motor.
Thanks

Mufflers are working good

Dave, I know this post is old but dragging it out again. Reading through all of this it says you have a clutch kit setup for a stock tune and the muffler using the SuperTip weights. Do you offer one with the Dalton weights like a QAY-70 arm? I like the Dalton weights being adjustments can be made from the machine.

How often are they needing a repack?

thanks!

Dave, I know this post is old but dragging it out again. Reading through all of this it says you have a clutch kit setup for a stock tune and the muffler using the SuperTip weights. Do you offer one with the Dalton weights like a QAY-70 arm? I like the Dalton weights being adjustments can be made from the machine.

How often are they needing a repack?

thanks!

I'm sure Dave will check in but in the meantime, FYI his kit was Hindle with his own SUPER TUNER weights not Supertips.
I ran it last year no issues.
Worked very well.
I raced 2 Stock Winders on lousy snow 660'. I beat them both several times by 4 lengths or more in 660' and my sled only had 100 km on it.
It is not quiet but better than an Apex drone.

Back