• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane super spool

Turbos are for speed and power, if you want good mileage purchase a 700 or lower. I had a ZR 7000, no turbo , 4stroke, great mileage. You have to pay to play.

Nope, they are just faster and much more fun on the trails. My sled on the 270ss gets better fuel mileage than a stock sled.
Just wondering what is the difference in fuel mileage you are getting with the tune?

My fuel mileage has been horrible!! Lol
If you calculate me driving my truck to town and finding 93 octane so I can run big tune and
plus all the vp octanium I buy!!! Hahah
Usually on each ride I will be filled up with 93 with some octane boost so I can start run on big tune then drop to 270 at next fill up during ride!
If i am riding a questionable distance I simply toggle down to 240 tune and get awsome mileage

I am having a freeken blast this year I absolutely love this sled!!!!:Rockon::die

Nothing like rattling a few cages to get some good feedback going, lol
Honestly fuel mileage isn't a big concern, my turbo viper gets 10 mpg and the sidewinder is around 12 mpg and all stock for now, when it does get tuned it'll be a hurricane bundle.

The hurricane ss sm tunes rocks. I have my coupler blocks out not studded yet and weigh 190 lbs full gear. I ride alot twisty trails in Adirondack mountains and with 270 tune you crack the throttle doing like 40-50 mph over a knoll it might flip over on you if you dont know what your doing. We do have some plowed roads that are half mile long with groomed trails on both sides so I been able to dial my setup in for rpms etc and it doesn't take long to see 120 mph by dream meter this sled is fun but needs respect in tight areas

I have the hurricane quiet trail muffler that will be going on my sidewinder, I would like to run the 240 87 oct tune and 270 91 oct tune swithchable on the dash, or do I have to buy the 3 tune bundle, I don't want to buy the flasher or communicator etc...
Hurricanes website is a bit vague on specifications, do I send in my ecu, dash or both?

I have the hurricane quiet trail muffler that will be going on my sidewinder, I would like to run the 240 87 oct tune and 270 91 oct tune swithchable on the dash, or do I have to buy the 3 tune bundle, I don't want to buy the flasher or communicator etc...
Hurricanes website is a bit vague on specifications, do I send in my ecu, dash or both?

You will need to get to a Hurricane dealer and do a bundle flash, along with a dash flash if you are looking for more than one flash. Check out Hurricanes website for a Hurricane dealer near you.

You will need to get to a Hurricane dealer and do a bundle flash, along with a dash flash if you are looking for more than one flash. Check out Hurricanes website for a Hurricane dealer near you.
https://www.hurricaneperformance.ca/contact/dealer-locator/

I have over 1400 trail miles and some drag racing on the Hurricane SS SM Flash and can't imagine the sled could run any better. I also get equal fuel economy to all the 850s in our riding group, only one 1200 Doo in our group betters my mileage but only slightly.

Call place first and make sure that they actually doing flashes, I’ve stop by “ Hurricane dealer “ today in Old Forge Ny , to upgrade my cluster bundle to SS just to find out that they do any flashes at all regardless brand of machine. They said that they didn’t test it yet and don’t know when they gonna start it...
I could assure you the ss tune has been thoroughly tested and is flawless!!!
I personally run the header ss tune and ride with 8 guys all running ss 3 with pm ss bundles 2 with ss 240 single pm flashes and 3 with sm ss tunes!! Not including all the guys I flashed this season got the ss

Back