• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane trail exhaust ??

Ndoggct

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Looking for 18 sidewinder
Looking into a hurricane trail muffler but want the stock casing look 100%
Has anyone had any luck stamping the outside casing with oem markings?

Looking into a hurricane trail muffler but want the stock casing look 100%
Has anyone had any luck stamping the outside casing with oem markings?

Why?

I think most wouldn’t care bout that?

They law looks for the stamp

Just put Harley Davidson stickers on it and run a straight pipe! They never get a ticket.
Drill the rivets off the stock cover with stamping and rivet onto your muffler.

Just put Harley Davidson stickers on it and run a straight pipe! They never get a ticket.
Drill the rivets off the stock cover with stamping and rivet onto your muffler.

Better yet don’t stop!
:dunno:

When they stop the lead guy in your group have him park in front of the sled with the lights on it. Just go around and keep going, they ask who is that guy say dont know, he was passing thru our group. I have seen it done before.
:hide: :whine:

They can’t make you open your panels without your permission it’s like asking you to open your trunk in your car, it’s illegal search. In the USA in Russia you have to.

They can’t make you open your panels without your permission it’s like asking you to open your trunk in your car, it’s illegal search. In the USA in Russia you have to.[/QUOTE
So where do they go from there if you refuse to open?
Can they take your sled in on probable cause?
♂️

They can’t make you open your panels without your permission it’s like asking you to open your trunk in your car, it’s illegal search. In the USA in Russia you have to.

you cant be serious
State law in maine is no modified exhaust of ANY kind. any exhaust has to have the oem scc stamp on it. They are absolutely allowed to do a visual inspection.
obviously they cant force you to open it, but If you dont open the panel the sled is gonna get dragged out of the woods by wardens and not only will you be getting a ticket you will be paying towing fees and playing a huge game to get it back.
Snowmobilers are not sovereign citizens. Lol

I have passed many checkpoints with it and had no problem. It's not loud enough to be obnoxious and if you're being respectful....staying on the trails and not being an idiot, I think you will be just fine. My apex is louder than the Sidewinder with the trail exhaust.

I think the law is to prevent a pipe on a two stroke you can here 3 miles away

The two stroke riders with the "Race Cans" that ride with constant bursts of throttle and noise are what is causing all the complaints and non stock exhaust restrictions. I would personally invite a crack down in our area to get these sleds off the trails.
Loud is not fast...its just loud.

.... Loud is not fast...its just loud ......

'Seems like just about every Harley rider failed to get this memo ;)

Back