• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune got beat

He means that you have plenty of HP to handle that taller/bigger gear and not have it be poochy down low.
Lol ok I was thinking about going back to stock gearing so I could come out of the hole quicker?

There is a guy in our group with 17 RTX & Hurricane 270 SS tune that consistently gets beat by 3-4 sleds lengths from a roll by another one in the group running a PEFI 280 tuned 17 ZR9000. There shouldn't be that much gap with 10HP difference but there is... some of it is from the stock muffler on the Hurricane one and 2.5" Speedwerx straight-thru muffler on the PEFI one. The Hurricane sled probably isn't really at 270 with the stock muffler choking it down and he has had some clutching issues that he is sorting through as well.

There is a guy in our group with 17 RTX & Hurricane 270 SS tune that consistently gets beat by 3-4 sleds lengths from a roll by another one in the group running a PEFI 280 tuned 17 ZR9000. There shouldn't be that much gap with 10HP difference but there is... some of it is from the stock muffler on the Hurricane one and 2.5" Speedwerx straight-thru muffler on the PEFI one. The Hurricane sled probably isn't really at 270 with the stock muffler choking it down and he has had some clutching issues that he is sorting through as well.

Well to be fair the PM muffler should be a little faster/ahead. That’s Apples and Oranges.

I had my Hurricane SM tunes dynoe’d, and I can honestly say from my Dyno tests..that the Hurricane SM Tunes are legit. My 270 tune Dynoe’d at 275HP. My 225 tune Came in at 234HP. And 240 Tune was dead on at 240HP. So they are very legit even with the Stock Muffler on it.

Does that say anything about the supposed 280HP the PEFI tune puts out? Is it more than 280? Just a question?

Unfortunately you need to choose your words wisely because we can' t read between the lines and much like texting as we all know can be taken out of context. Now go back and read your original post, your last post and your title then you will see what i mean. There are more posts on clutching than you can shake a stick at, and even more people and opinions on the matter. Bottom line is, even with a ton of advice and research on old posts, you're going to have to test ALLOT to get your set up right for you. Best place to start is to go on one of the existing clutching threads and post your set up and what you want to achieve and see if somebody that has a similar set up responds. And please don't take this out of context as me being an @hole. Just some kind words of advise. PM me your set up if you would like. I'm running the 300 SS tune myself
How do I find more post and could I contact dalton themselves

How do I find more post and could I contact dalton themselves
I wouldn’t be in a big hurry to go back to lower gearing if you’re already at a traction disadvantage, and it sounds like you are.
Use the search function within this forum to search such terms as “clutching” and be prepared to read threads until next year.
Although Dale and staff at Dalton are awesome to deal with, he won’t waste his time talking setup with you over the phone, he’ll refer you back to the dealer/performance shop that sold you the clutching you have for the tune you’re running. He’s got a very busy business to run and doesn’t have time for this, hence why he doesn’t offer snowmobile clutch kits of any kind, just individual components to test/tune with.

Does that say anything about the supposed 280HP the PEFI tune puts out? Is it more than 280? Just a question?

It wouldn't surprise me. I've read about a few blown head gaskets with that tune on the FB groups.

Its all setup.

If you just buy #*$&@ and toss it on your sled it wont be fast.

You need to test and set the suspension and clutching up no matter what tune you buy. There is also a variation in performance from skid design as well so lots of variables on what makes a sled haul azz so to speak. If your not on your game you could get smoked.

If you want to really open a bag of crap we can work through the profile of the clutch weight and its effect on acceleration.......

Its all setup.

If you just buy #*$&@ and toss it on your sled it wont be fast.

You need to test and set the suspension and clutching up no matter what tune you buy. There is also a variation in performance from skid design as well so lots of variables on what makes a sled haul azz so to speak. If your not on your game you could get smoked.

If you want to really open a bag of crap we can work through the profile of the clutch weight and its effect on acceleration.......
So true. My sled easily outruns everything around my area (850's,800's and Turbo doos) including stock winders . Until I race another winder setup with a similar tune(Powertrail SM) I will never really know how fast or slow my sled is. Next up is ms16 sm for next year. Everyone is right when they say boost is addicting!

Probably a #$%&* boost leak :drink:

sorry to hear ya got yer ;):D Kicked.

time to spend more spare change!

just because your getting 19 psi doesn’t mean you don’t have a leak. Ask Mr. Knapp
Either way I was just pokin fun
Back 2 drinkin :drink:

Back