• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Hurricane tune?

Something that could help those without data logging - if you push and hold down the upper left button on your cluster, it displays highest RPM since last reset. Reset happens each time the sled is shut off. So, if you make a pass, before shutting it off, you can read what highest RPM was.
I've never found the factory recall very helpful when compared to the data log. It always shows much higher from a spike than the actual shift curve for me.

I've never found the factory recall very helpful when compared to the data log. It always shows much higher from a spike than the actual shift curve for me.
And it's just the highest rpm and you can't determine when in the shift it actually happened

You cannot just expect the sled to be setup right automatically. I spent several days setting up my clutches after I flashed her. I tested several different RPMs for MY STYLE RIDING. I ended up a fair but different then most told me to be at.

When you run a jukebox setup of more then one MAP, you need to make some decisions. First being which map do you expect to run mostly. I run my 270 map 99% of the time, so I set things up for that primarily.

I found that for instant snap, corner to corner(which it seems like you are looking for) the best setup is revving the 270 map higher then most will tell you. This allows the 240 map to be still quite useful.

So you need to go out, put in some good fuel so you do not get any knock lite within 1000ft at least. Need a road or lake preferably with space. I'll assume you dont have data logging, so you need to watch the tach running WOT and see where she is revving on top. Lighten up your weights, to make sled rev 9 to 9100 on 270 map. This should have the 240 map revving around 8600-8700 on top then. This will make the 270 map a complete animal corner to corner with snap that will hit hard. If you rev the 270 map at 8800 only, the 240 map becomes pointless to use, and at 8800 the 270 map will not have the corner to corner snap down at very bottom.

If you still dont have snap...then it may be you need a CAI. And if still you feel its not there, then you may need a performance muffler and corresponding tunes.

Dan
Hurricane wants to see 8800 rpm on the 270

I think FLEECER set up his Daltons with 72 grams & it revs to 9100 on 270 tune.
Like Dan said, that puts the 240 around 8800ish
Did u go up a tooth on the top gear ? I saw 121mph at 8800 rpm and almost 9000 rpm also but no difference in the 240 mode

9100 rpm on 270 oh boy, that’s running about 240 hp ,according to dyno, why have the 270 tune, just set up 240 @8800. 270 runs from like 8400 to 8800 then drops off, 9100 rpms is that for seat of pants, sounds faster in the corners, explain why 9100 rpms is better, losing power why??? If you can’t set rpms for the bundle at each hp rating why not just have big tune rpm set and use throttle for you lower tune? Always sounds like a tuners selling point.

X2 Crossfire. I'm a OCD about clutching at RPM where motor makes max power. It would bug me to no end setting up for a 240 tune and then running 270 and watching motor over rev.

270 Hp was 84-8800rpm ,lots of leeway in the clutching!

Back