• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I don't understand...... OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
All this talk of quality control is retarded. Im the one losing body panels on the trail and tweaking subframes loading it on the trailer. This is a great thing for all parties involved. My buddies procross 800 is the nicest riding and handling sled I've ever ridden. Getting off that and back on my Nytro was like climbing out of a ZR-1 Vette and getting into a 4wd SUV, chassis are night and day. There are things the Nytro does well but things it fails miserably at. I believe the Viper will do everything well. The chaincase issue is growing pains nothing more, it will get figured out. Nothing has changed on the Nytro since 08?? Ya Right!! I can think of a whole lot more that could change for the better on it as a matter of fact. No one has even been given a chance to ride one of these things yet and we are all crying like a bunch of damn babies, wipe your noses change your diapers and give it an honest chance and I bet it will surprise you. Past few days this place has seemed like HardcoreSledder. Funny thing is after I got off my buddies Procross I told him if they would put my engine in that chassis it would be a dream come true and here it is. Yamaha reliability under the hood and Cat ride and handling seems like a no brainer to me. Now to win the lottery................ I will take a LTX SE in red please.

Im sure that everything has been addressed that truly needed to be, lets be fair about this for now and just see the reveiws as more people get to look and ride these awesome New Sleds.

Im sure that Yamaha already knows what needs to be tweaked on these units and is currently working on it as well as the next 4 sleds coming out.
:sled1:

Got a chance to ride one today and was fairly impressed.. I liked it better than any Yamaha I've ridden until then.. I just wish it had about 20 more hp and I would be on one for next year.. I think most will be very happy with the final result..

sd5500 said:
I agree with you, but most seem to be concerned about the cat chain case and reverse issues.

I don't worry about my chain case one bit. I have had NO problems on my 2012 Procross. Even before the updates. There are a lot of happy Procross owners that haven't had any problems. They built in excess of 20 thousand of these sleds for 2012. The cry babies on HCS don't represent the masses of Cat owners. Most of them never even go on a snowmobile website.

I am sure that the chain case/reverse issues will be gone after Yamaha gets a hold of it. And that is good for the Cat guys too.

ridesrx said:
I don't worry about my chain case one bit. I have had NO problems on my 2012 Procross. Even before the updates. I am sure that the chain case/reverse issues will be gone after Yamaha gets a hold of it. And that is good for the Cat guys too.

ABSOLUTELY; Im sure of that as well :sled1:

DeerHuntr said:
... Yamaha reliability under the hood and Cat ride and handling seems like a no brainer to me.

Yes, Yamaha reliability under the hood is a given, however the rest of the sled is not a Yamaha, nor is it built by Yamaha...and this is what scares a lot of potential buyers, including me.

I have had zero issues with my Procross. I own the 800 2 stroke in which I really love what it is meant to do, being light and quick. I would'nt mnd getting back to Yamaha "trail smooth" with a nice handling chassis. This one might be it. I wouldn't sweat it boys. You only hear a small very vocal minority having issues. I ride with several procrosses 800 and turbo with no issues. Handling and ergo's are nice.

yamadooman said:
Got a chance to ride one today and was fairly impressed.. I liked it better than any Yamaha I've ridden until then.. I just wish it had about 20 more hp and I would be on one for next year.. I think most will be very happy with the final result..

I assume that was at Waldoch's. Did you ride only one of the units? If so which one. I rode the 129 first. It had good low end grunt but was very flat from mid to top end. I then jumped on one of the 141's. That thing pulled HARD from bottom to top. My buddy rode the other 141 only during the ride and he said his was OK but it didn't seem to go like the 141 I had. They don't have the final mapping done on these yet but if they set them up like the 141 I rode then alot of people should be happy with them.

I rode both as well.. I rode the 141 first and it definitely felt stronger than the 129. It had very good low end grunt with good hookup, but flattened out fairly quick I thought.. Don't get me wrong, I thought the sled was really good, I just personally would like to see it in the 150 - 160 hp range.. I run with too many 800's in our group and would hate to get dusted off on the lakes.. On the trails, no problem, it will be as good as anything..

ridesrx said:
sd5500 said:
I agree with you, but most seem to be concerned about the cat chain case and reverse issues.

I don't worry about my chain case one bit. I have had NO problems on my 2012 Procross. Even before the updates. There are a lot of happy Procross owners that haven't had any problems. They built in excess of 20 thousand of these sleds for 2012. The cry babies on HCS don't represent the masses of Cat owners. Most of them never even go on a snowmobile website.

I am sure that the chain case/reverse issues will be gone after Yamaha gets a hold of it. And that is good for the Cat guys too.

Same here. I've got 2600+ on my turbo with no issues at all.
500 of them on a TD flash. I do think the chaincase issues that some were/are having is due to the tcl setup, and the j-shaft nut being loose.
Yamaha isn't using the tcl so thats a BIG plus in my opinion.
I'm keeping my turbo retro, but there will be a Viper in the family :D

yamadooman said:
I rode both as well.. I rode the 141 first and it definitely felt stronger than the 129. It had very good low end grunt with good hookup, but flattened out fairly quick I thought.. Don't get me wrong, I thought the sled was really good, I just personally would like to see it in the 150 - 160 hp range.. I run with too many 800's in our group and would hate to get dusted off on the lakes.. On the trails, no problem, it will be as good as anything..

There were two 141's. The one I had I believe was stronger than the other 141 being I could pull on that one on the long stretches. My buddy was on that other 141 during the whole ride. I rode two machines yesterday(129 and 141), he rode only the one. My 141 sled would pop pop when coming out of the throttle after a hard pull and he said his did not probably meaning different timing curves. Not saying it would take an 800 but it did pull hard all the way through unlike the 129. My friend said his 141 felt kind of flat on top.

fwiw...I owned a procross turbo..and have worked on more than a couple...and a f800...the chaincase is junk...pure and simple.junk....the jackshaft is junk....as in R.O.C. junk....soft metal and silent chain....the phazer has way better quality than these sleds...yam engineers are fighting with the braintrust in theif river falls Im sure...and some is changed...but theres anough left that would have me concerned...especially with cat building it...we found bolts that required locktite with none...basically shoddy workmanship...they handle and ride good..but it seems like the rest of the sled was an after thought....

optimally the motor needed to be flipped 180 (ala doo 4tec) ..this would have allowed a less restrictive exhaust and a lower sitting motor...

if cat gave the chassis and suspension technology to yam...and yam reengineered it for durability and the rest of the sled to their specs etc...and built it...Id be excited....until then..not

Cant believe then didn't turn that motor around Steve. Exhaust is a menagerie. Motor setting higher will not let it handle as well for sure.

From what my dealer told me and from what someone on here posted about from talking to a yamaha rep during a demo ride was Yamaha was aware of the chain case issue and they designed it different and there should not any issues with it

Back