• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed my new OSP Exhaust can (pics and video)

Yep, plug and play, you will need to replace your gasket because it tears when you separate the original exhaust muffler. Buy the Cat gasket, it is thicker.

40TH FX NYTRO said:
What are the hp gains with the muffler ?
OSP claims about 3-4 HP gain but the sound is where it is at LOL!

Does sound nice, I have the Aero can on mine and is not quite as loud and got yelled at by 2 different locals in the UP this past weekend putting my stock MPI quiet can back on. I will miss it but I get the point.

http://youtu.be/mg2B47wHoJY

I had this muffler and really liked it. It gained in the whole power band. I hit 103 with the can and best I can get without is 97. I had to put the stock muffler back on because it was too loud. I liked the sound but would have gotten a ticket if the deputy who pulled me over would have had a meter. I tested with a digital sound meter I have per SAE guidelines and hit 90-91 db.

it is direct plug and play.
1- remove side panel
2- unplug 02 sensor
3- remove 02 sensor from bung
4-unbolt exhaust flange
5- remove exhaust spring securing factory suitcase to chassis. (it is located behind the factory exhaust to the left side. skinny needle once pliers are the best way to remove it)
6- discard exhaust spring as it is not used on the OSP can
7- remove factory suitcase ( don't forget to check out the HORRIBLE MIG welds from AC, that's worth a laugh)
8- clean flange of old gasket. (installing a copper gasket is highly recommended. For the cost of 20$ you get a permanent gasket that is reusable and durable)
9- the rubber grommet that is in the bracket of the factory exhaust needs to be removed and installed into the OSP bracket. Spraying it with oil will soften it up and allow easier install into the OSP bracket
10- align can with exhaust port, and secure the mounting bracket to the chassis
11- bolt up can to exhaust flange ( there are 4 holes and only 3 bolts from factory. the 4th hole is used as an alignment hole so use it to your advantage rather then being alarmed)
12- thread 02 sensor into bung, and re connect to its harness ( very tight squeeze if you have big hands :o|)
13- Re install exhaust side panel
14- turn key, start, allow warm up time, AND ENJOY. YOU WILL LOVE THIS SOUND :yam:

Back