• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Instrament cluster, Guages not working

PaulyTyrio

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
My wife has a 2012 Yamaha Vector .
I just replaced the battery and it starts just fine. However, the guages do not work at all.
I checked all fuses. They are good. All lights are working as well.
Is there anything else I can check before replacing the instrument cluster?

My wife has a 2012 Yamaha Vector .
I just replaced the battery and it starts just fine. However, the guages do not work at all.
I checked all fuses. They are good. All lights are working as well.
Is there anything else I can check before replacing the instrument cluster?

Did you check the connection on the back of the gauge ?

Did you check the connection on the back of the gauge ?
Yes. It have slight corrosion on 2 out 10 pins. I cleaned it and applied dielectric grease. I checked all connections on that wire harness.

Yes. It have slight corrosion on 2 out 10 pins. I cleaned it and applied dielectric grease. I checked all connections on that wire harness.
Do yourself a favor. Remove the connector again and flush out the die-electric grease. This grease insulates the electrical from make proper contact. Found out the hard way. I know use the Farmer's fix which is just ordinary gun grease in my electrical connections.

i use a product called pendilube on all my connectors every year. working great for me. was made for led light corrosion issues on transports.

Back