• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Intake Boot Spacer Modification for Boost Leak

It's looking like it'll be next weekend.
Please keep me informed as your plans unfold .
Would love to hook up .
Test the boost , watch/do some speed runs , go for a ride .
What ever works .
I am only pulling 8500 ish with the 825 XS belt , and getting lights flashing intermittently at that rpm full out .
I will put a stock belt back on and see what that does .
I have not shaved the clamps as it appears to be beyond my capabilities.

Would love to hook up .
What ever works .
I am only pulling 8500 ish with the 825 XS belt , and getting lights flashing intermittently at that rpm full out .
Your clutching is too heavy and that is also why you are flashing DETO

Your clutching is too heavy and that is also why you are flashing DETO
Went out today with the 8JP belt on and revs increased to 86-8700 , with no lights !
Still seems a little low , and I would prefer to go back to the XS825 so appears that I need to reduce the weight .
I don't go inside clutches , so I will reach out to someone to change the weights .

Would love to hook up .
What ever works .
I will keep you in the loop. If you do come up I can dial in your clutching for you. What weights are you using? Tuned?

I will keep you in the loop. If you do come up I can dial in your clutching for you. What weights are you using? Tuned?
I can almost come up at any time as it is only a 2 hour drive in good weather.
I have the 240 Hurricane , with Dalton weights . Not sure which ones but I assume they are the Hurricane recommended set up .
I have the upgraded BOV , and all other primary and secondary components are Yamaha stock .
The helix is the Yamaha upgraded two stage that Yamaha came out with for the 17's.
I previously snapped my primary spring in three pieces , and it was replaced with an unknown spring .
I have only trashed one belt ever , and that was self inflicted , by high revs for 1/2 hour straight on the lake with 2 feet of powder.
I would really love to see what my offset is .
My sled has been a great sled to drive , but is getting long in the tooth .
Hell , I'm getting long in the tooth .
Look forward to coming up .

Got this done tonight. Took me quite a bit of time. Had the tools I needed just really cautious and never wanted to drop anything. Didn’t remove anything at all, hoses. Had to slide coolant tank aside but in the end it’s done and will be put back together tomorrow. The write up on this thread was very helpful. A steady hand and patience is a necessity.

I was bored so I did this mod last weekend. Took the throttle body off , much easier to get at the front spacers. Took around 3 1/2 hrs. Not too bad a job just have to dig thru a lot of crap to get down to the T body

Back