• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s In! Venom Mountain

Cannondale27, Where did you get the clutch puller for the venom?
Cat Dealer for clutch puller. Its the same one used for the 800 Suzuki. Metric Puller. Blue one. No I havent started on the Venom Bendix yet, I did buy a new one that will be on me since Warranty is expired now. Just too busy with work. Did add fuel and get it running already though. Sorry.

Cannondale,
what have you done with the starter drive gear all chewed up.
Just checking if you have a fix,Of corse the dealers know nothing about that problem,
mine is all chewed up with only 175 miles on it.

Cannondale,
what have you done with the starter drive gear all chewed up.
Just checking if you have a fix,Of corse the dealers know nothing about that problem,
mine is all chewed up with only 175 miles on it.
I still haven’t gotten to it. Bought a replacement bendix kit and will compare it to original. If same will shim spring or just stretch it out to get more pressure to hold it in. Swamped with shocks and work. Haven’t touched Venom or my Viper yet. Sorry

Our second Venom starter also just piled up into ring gear. Unable to jam it back to pull start it ,so towed it home. It’s @ 150 miles approx. warranty is over.
Looked at the other Venom that was repaired on warranty and it appears small gear also has some teeth starting to get chewed up. It has about 50 miles on it since it was repaired. This summer.
These may turn into a light weight pull start sleds once I am paying for the parts.

That happened to us last winter we were able to beat the bendix back into disengagement tried to start it again an locked up beat on it again and pull started it to get home warranty fixed it and it’s been good since. Probably just jinxed it. I asked my dealer just before it went off of warranty and the only bulletin was the clutch weight on. Kinda disappointed that the starter wasn’t recognized as a problem yet. Wonder if the green ones have the same issue

That happened to us last winter we were able to beat the bendix back into disengagement tried to start it again an locked up beat on it again and pull started it to get home warranty fixed it and it’s been good since. Probably just jinxed it. I asked my dealer just before it went off of warranty and the only bulletin was the clutch weight on. Kinda disappointed that the starter wasn’t recognized as a problem yet. Wonder if the green ones have the same issue
The green ones have same issue. I was made aware of the issue from Cat when discussing the Rpm issue. Yup more warranty should have been part of this deal for sure.

Does anyone else have issues with cold starts on the Electric. Mine won’t start trying the electric but starts on second pull no matter how cold. It seems that first pull the dash lights up. Then second pull it starts. When using electric there is no life on gauge. It’s like a capacitor or something needs to be charged then it’s good to go. never got around to letting dealer know going to do that today just curious if anyone else has this issues

Does anyone else have issues with cold starts on the Electric. Mine won’t start trying the electric but starts on second pull no matter how cold. It seems that first pull the dash lights up. Then second pull it starts. When using electric there is no life on gauge. It’s like a capacitor or something needs to be charged then it’s good to go. never got around to letting dealer know going to do that today just curious if anyone else has this issues
I found with the electric start after sitting both of ours only start on 2nd attempt , (these are in heated garage) so have to give em a quick try , turn key back and then 2nd attempt they start right up.
Although today, the one with buggered up starter, had a hell of a time pull starting it to get it running after it cooled off outside. It was approx minus 25 Celsius or minus 13 F. I pulled About 25 pulls. Son was trying to pull start before me , so unsure if it wasn’t turning over fast enough and caused it to somewhat flood. ‍♂️

as I have been complaining so much about garbage clutch setup , and have been unable to get answers from Yamaha, arctic cat, cv tech so got a puller and experimenting.
For my current elevation 2300ft and snow pack, on Venom mountain , I ended up putting original weights and adding one penny to each weight, my scale was no good but guessing it’s a touch lighter then the updated ones. Updated was 7200rpm , now am at 7500rpm. Still finding sled has trouble holding rpms when it is labouring tho, and requires higher engagement. I still feel a stiffer primary spring will help, I hoping to have time to build a 1/8” shim on lathe and hopefully that will help. .

hey @cannondale27 how is that mono rail in flat hardpack trails? Is it really tippy or does feel pretty good and really helps in the deep stuff? I love the weight of it. For a hardcore trail rider it probably wouldn't work or would it?
It actually works real well. Even at 38” without swaybar. Probably would be smashed to bits eventually though trail riding. Lots of very small bolts holding it together.

as I have been complaining so much about garbage clutch setup , and have been unable to get answers from Yamaha, arctic cat, cv tech so got a puller and experimenting.
For my current elevation 2300ft and snow pack, on Venom mountain , I ended up putting original weights and adding one penny to each weight, my scale was no good but guessing it’s a touch lighter then the updated ones. Updated was 7200rpm , now am at 7500rpm. Still finding sled has trouble holding rpms when it is labouring tho, and requires higher engagement. I still feel a stiffer primary spring will help, I hoping to have time to build a 1/8” shim on lathe and hopefully that will help. .
Shim helps but opens up secondary on a hard launch. Need regular clutches.

ProCross bumper which I had on rr and on Viper fits like glove on Venom. All bolts line right up!
View attachment 157417
Hey Cannondale

I'm currently looking for a front bumper for my SxVenom Mountain, can you tell me where I might find one like the one on yours? I tried searching for it, without luck.

Thanks in advance, Daniel

Hey Cannondale

I'm currently looking for a front bumper for my SxVenom Mountain, can you tell me where I might find one like the one on yours? I tried searching for it, without luck.

Thanks in advance, Daniel
Oh Sorry! Its a Arctic Cat bumper for a full size Procross. They all fit.

Back