• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s In! Venom Mountain

I really owe NosPro this year. First the clutching on Viper and now he literally saved my butt! I absolutely hated the stock seat. He dropped off my refurbished Apex clutch and happened to mention he had a Mountain Max seat! Didn’t fit his Winder but does fit my Venom. Shipped next day! Oh my gosh what a difference. Made the sled looks wise too! Very happy! Terry and Tim at Thunder Products are getting a steak meal on me at Foggys for group ride. Just look at it!
View attachment 159053 View attachment 159054

Thank you bud! You are very welcome ;)!

Seat looks awesome on there!

If you are experiencing knock code 1324 try using recoil only and Zip Tie Starter Bendix to the starter so it doesn’t hit ring gear while riding. Yup.
C6679417-FF0A-462D-92B9-0E0F36CDCD1D.jpeg

Just a lurker here, but am I understanding you. The E start is causing a code that is managed by disabling the E start? I understand the ‘are you kidding’

I was told that there is contact with the belly pan and the thermostat housing that is causing the code and there is going to be a campaign to put a foam shim to stop it. Mine hasn’t thrown a code or cut out since I’ve been adding octane. I had one dealer tell me to not to bother adding octane and drive it till it blows up.

Good advice unbelievable

I was told that there is contact with the belly pan and the thermostat housing that is causing the code and there is going to be a campaign to put a foam shim to stop it. Mine hasn’t thrown a code or cut out since I’ve been adding octane. I had one dealer tell me to not to bother adding octane and drive it till it blows

Good advice unbelievable
First it was the over revving then this. It seems they don’t know what’s causing code. I only had it once but others constantly. There was no mention of a bulletin or anything. I was dealing with cat.

I was told about the bulletin from a distant dealer when I was talking to there service manager my local dealer has heard nothing and tells me he been talking to his rep. I’ve got no reason to not believe him I consider him a really good dealer. My kid has almost 300 miles on it and since I’ve been upping the octane it’s been running good other than it has cut out once when I diluted the race gas mix I tried just to see if it would make a difference it cut out once and I added some octane boost and it been good. No codes either.

Hope they’re come up with a real fix soon. I kinda have the feeling it’s only a matter of time before it blows up

Report. Mine is a Mountain. Was privileged to ride with most of the Offtrail TY group at the ride. These guys are great at what they do. Been watching them for years get better and better. I am not even close to the skills they have. My Venom is way more capable than me! Love it so far and I think I made a great choice by purchasing this sled. It’s not intimidating so makes you try things you never would otherwise and if you aren’t challenged while off trail you are with wrong group. Learning to Skateboard the Venom is my next goal. She was ridden wide open for miles, rolled once on purpose,first tree scrapes on side from tree that nicely kept me from going over not on purpose never missed a beat. Growing to love my Mini Mountain! Definitely love the people in the group. THANK YOU ALL for your great patience and help. Thank you Tom for hosting these wonderful events!
30268780-3E18-430F-A4B2-B3774434FD3A.jpeg
166508FC-4DF9-4CAB-A59D-B886CEA0E74A.jpeg
BBDCCA52-97F4-4D74-92B6-32B3951D940C.jpeg
1D4F43C6-B723-49DA-ACD3-643C317A4C40.jpeg
FDA1B2B5-2D1B-4D7B-88BF-621143B96A95.jpeg
D94DD97D-203E-42FC-B339-7D14EA601398.jpeg
C03D41C7-111E-4F6E-85C5-28BD96D6048E.jpeg
0E030C5F-213D-4320-9A13-FE71F48DC791.jpeg
1FAA83C3-5126-4D03-BB6B-6387A83E830F.jpeg
FB533CF4-5E78-4168-A191-BC3BB863892D.jpeg

Hello to all from Quebec Canada!!! I have finally found a site with some info on these SX Venom Mountain sleds!!! I bought it for my oldest son for Christmas this year. I have had 2 different codes pop up on my son when he is driving. One of them is the P1639 exhaust valve code and the other is the P1324 knock sensor code. Thank you for posting something on here about the starter i will be showing it to my dealer that doesn't have a clue what to tell me but just continue riding. As for the exhaust valve code (P1639) I get it on startup after riding for a while, like after 20 min at least. Problem is that with this exhaust valve code the sled wont move at all, it just bogs terrible and stays at idle. Has anyone else had this problem? I filmed the startup with the RHS cover off so I can see how the servo motor works when there is no code but I haven't caught what happens when the code is present. Right now I just turn off sled and restart a couple of times till it goes away.....not impressed but I hope these problems will be solved and maybe a reflash for the motor next year or something of the sorts. I have taken a video of the cold start (WITH NO TROUBLE CODES) and hopefully one day can get one when the code is present. I suspect this is the problem because when the code is present its on a hot restart after a few min break....and i find that the exhaust doesn't have that open exhaust sounding, louder, brap brap brap sound like it does when you start it regularly

Hello to all from Quebec Canada!!! I have finally found a site with some info on these SX Venom Mountain sleds!!! I bought it for my oldest son for Christmas this year. I have had 2 different codes pop up on my son when he is driving. One of them is the P1639 exhaust valve code and the other is the P1324 knock sensor code. Thank you for posting something on here about the starter i will be showing it to my dealer that doesn't have a clue what to tell me but just continue riding. As for the exhaust valve code (P1639) I get it on startup after riding for a while, like after 20 min at least. Problem is that with this exhaust valve code the sled wont move at all, it just bogs terrible and stays at idle. Has anyone else had this problem? I filmed the startup with the RHS cover off so I can see how the servo motor works when there is no code but I haven't caught what happens when the code is present. Right now I just turn off sled and restart a couple of times till it goes away.....not impressed but I hope these problems will be solved and maybe a reflash for the motor next year or something of the sorts. I have taken a video of the cold start (WITH NO TROUBLE CODES) and hopefully one day can get one when the code is present. I suspect this is the problem because when the code is present its on a hot restart after a few min break....and i find that the exhaust doesn't have that open exhaust sounding, louder, brap brap brap sound like it does when you start it regularly
Welcome here!
Maybe Powervalve is sticking? Could be from excessive oil during break in. Or just needs adjusting. Maybe even touching piston. Have you had it out? Its pretty easy thing to do. Just remove both covers and the side port valves and rod connecting all 3. Then remove valve and check it for carbon. I havent read the cable adjusting procedure yet but I believe it is in manual.

Back