• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Its snowing

You need to borrow some hounds to chase it away.

My baby hound smelled it today and bristled right up but at 30 pds or so and deaf I don't think that will work. My old Doberman Lab cross would have ran it and come back on command she loved to the sic em command! Used it many times on wandering dogs! Course a bear can kill a dog real easy so tough call!

I was wrong I can shoot it if it say, try's to break into my house, I can't shoot it at the neighbors but could at a family members that's the line they define. Call them and then dump the carcass on crown land after they look at it or not! Well its tried to get into two houses now but not mine, I think a 12 gauge slug at 50ft is very doable it just walked across my deck and stopped perfect broadside at that distance an hour ago! Then I looked at my neighbors place with the hole torn in it! I getting nervous, tonight will be night three I stayed up till the sun came up! Bastard bear! Hibernate already!

Pepper spray might work from that distance if wind is right! Yea don't ever let one dog on a bear. 2minimum. Good luck stay safe!

Pepper spray is defense only! No good for offense, they actually like the taste of it so once you spray it around it attracts them back. Go figure!

In northern MN with the over growth of the wolf packs and a system protecting them they have a system the locals refer to as SSS
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up
But thats just for problem wolves not for cute Black Bears.

There used to be a TV show on called the Bear Whisperer and he chased them out of town with bottle rockets and fireworks.

In northern MN with the over growth of the wolf packs and a system protecting them they have a system the locals refer to as SSS
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up
You must know my relatives !

Might know them but it’s ‘pretty well’ known

Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

Someone may have shot it, it seems to have disappeared. I love animals and do not believe in killing them for no reason. But if this one has been shot I'm happy! When they have no fear of humans and start trying to dig/tear into houses, cute went out the window! LOL

I once was walking down a trail and a black bear walked out onto the trail so close I could have touched it, It wheeled and ran away, not proud to say but I made like a duck and got the flock out there as well. That's what they should do but when they don't run off but look at you like they belong, now we have a problem. When a large caliber gun fired does not bother them and they still hang around, they need to die! When they try to enter a home to eat or maybe sleep that is getting scary! Even the Sasquatch bellering at them only made them walk away (only after they looked at me)!

The MNR wanted the population to increase, closed the spring hunt and now we have bears everywhere. Even in town they have bears wandering around, almost everyone you talk to has problems with bears this year. It like an explosion of young bears that just want to have fun, fun! They are becoming a real problem!

I once was walking down a trail and a black bear walked out onto the trail so close I could have touched it, It wheeled and ran away, not proud to say but I made like a duck and got the flock out there as well.

try this happening when you are hanging a leak on a tree.

There used to be a TV show on called the Bear Whisperer and he chased them out of town with bottle rockets and fireworks.

Loud bangs did nothing, but hollering at it and stomping my feet had a better reaction. I never thought about the fireworks I have, with snow on everything I doubt if I would have started a forest fire!

Back