• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship

I am staying

Currently I own a 07 Apex GT and love it but I was thinking of moving to Polaris Rush until today.
The SR Viper interests me for sure.

I pretty sure I am not going to jump on the first year sled as I did with the RX1. Though we still have 4 in our family and they are still running great. (except the oil consumption on the first year RX1's)

I want to see what is next and see how this design holds up.

If the sleds have the quality and the same fit-finish we expect from Yamaha.
Who really cars who makes the chassis

To all you ship jumpers just let me know what your selling your piece of junk sleds for, I might be interested seeing how they are all out of date and heavy and slow and etc,etc. :moon: JK.. Atleast no WHINNING HERE..

Now if they could have squeezed the Apex engine in there then maybe?????

This is definitely not a jump ship for me I mean really who would I go to? Skidoo I guess but to my point I like the new sled and i'm sure it is much more impressive in person. I will be checking it out very closely at the dealer show here in march. Asking questions, my biggest concern is power I have no doubt it handles well and handles the bumps and anything I can throw at it. I am concerned with the reverse but new sled has warranty. I will be looking closely at this if it gives me the excitement that my Apex does and as long as my dealer is good to me I may be on a Viper for next season that or a 2012 Apex. This can be nothing but a good step to improve Artic Cat at least LOL

This does not change what we ride today. Don't like there's one don't buy it. Like what you have ride it and rep yamaha and upgrade to the true yamaha as needed.

I don't have an issue with this at all, and I am very brand loyal, worst case scenario the Viper turns out to be a failure and I buy an apex in a year or two. Last thing I will ever do is buy a Polaris or ANY BRP products, had huge issues with BRP and a brand 2009 Sea Doo RXT 215. People are just looking for something to bitch about. Trust me, the Polaris riders (3 of them) I towed off the trail this year were not happy to be behind a Yamaha.

Ill ride them at the snodeo and we will see how the fit and finish is. We where all looking for a finely engineered yamaha piece of technology that we all believe yamaha is capable of. Snowmobilers r some if the most brand loyal people I have ever met.Yamaha is/was my number one. Cat is my least. Can u see where this discouragement comes from. Ill go buy an 05 500ss mxz replace the top end every year and in 20 years it will still cost me less than a new yamacat. Just saying. I'm sure it will b an awesome sled though and am interested in where this will lead. Hopefully yamaha will build the next chassis that improves in the procross. Kinda like Suzuki and Kawasaki in the fourstroke motocross bikes

Back