• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up my new '08 FX Nytro! w/pics

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is about the lack of bottoming rollers. I assume it is because the new skid uses a rear sissor arm and that design provides a rising rate? It has rear coupling blocks and the spare belt goes in a tool bag that clips in and sits in the nose of the sled.

No heat exchangers under the running boards. I wish it had some because I like that design. The running boards acutally seem a bit weak. I could see them flex with my 45 lb daughter climbing onto them. I need to compare the flex to my old Zx 440 Ski-doo and my Vector. Cooling is accomplished with a radiator and a front heat exchanger. I'll try and get a pic of the track clearance at the front of the tunnel.

The body panels are very light, easy to R&R and fit nicely. They are also pretty flexable. It took me longer to take the pictures then it did to R&R the panels. So far the sled looks like it sis going to be far easier to service then my Vector and all its PITA phillips head screws.

Here are a bunch of photos under the hood. I also included some early pics of the race sled that were circulating last winter. The last one is just cool to show a local riding spot in Valdez.

HPIM1731.jpg

HPIM1732.jpg

HPIM1733.jpg

HPIM1734.jpg

HPIM1735.jpg

HPIM1736.jpg

HPIM1737.jpg

HPIM1738.jpg

HPIM1739.jpg

HPIM1740.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment-4.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

racesled.jpg

racesled3.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

racesled2.jpg

440onHogback.jpg

rockrider said:
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is about the lack of bottoming rollers. I assume it is because the new skid uses a rear sissor arm and that design provides a rising rate? It has rear coupling blocks and the spare belt goes in a tool bag that clips in and sits in the nose of the sled.

No heat exchangers under the running boards. I wish it had some because I like that design. The running boards acutally seem a bit weak. I could see them flex with my 45 lb daughter climbing onto them. I need to compare the flex to my old Zx 440 Ski-doo and my Vector. Cooling is accomplished with a radiator and a front heat exchanger. I'll try and get a pic of the track clearance at the front of the tunnel.

The body panels are very light, easy to R&R and fit nicely. They are also pretty flexable. It took me longer to take the pictures then it did to R&R the panels. So far the sled looks like it sis going to be far easier to service then my Vector and all its PITA phillips head screws.

Here are a bunch of photos under the hood. I also included some early pics of the race sled that were circulating last winter. The last one is just cool to show a local riding spot in Valdez.

HPIM1731.jpg

HPIM1732.jpg

HPIM1733.jpg

HPIM1734.jpg

HPIM1735.jpg

HPIM1736.jpg

HPIM1737.jpg

HPIM1738.jpg

HPIM1739.jpg

HPIM1740.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment-4.jpg

attachment-3.jpg

racesled.jpg

racesled3.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

racesled2.jpg

440onHogback.jpg

One question........is there an accesory outlet on the sled? Orginally they were going to come with one and now it looks like no go.

I read about the accessory outlet in my owners manual and I'm 99% sure it is located above the tank on the left side of the handlebars. I've not looked at it or popped the black cover off but I'm almost positive that it what it is.

I'll have to post a pic of the rear coupler blocks. I believe they can only be used in one direction. They are mounted like a Polaris, only their not square or rectangular so I'm assuming they are not adjustable which would be too bad, but probably something easy to modify. The rear link has a limiter strap on it like the original '84 Phazer.

The sled came with the spring preloads cranked up. The springs feel soft to me but that is on from bouncing on it and backing it out of my truck and thinking the suspension compressed quite a bit. At this point who knows? The only way to determine that is to ride it.

Turbo and nitrous guys will like the added bearing support in the chaincase. (notice the bulge,...not mine, THE SLED'S)

I think the 12v adaptor plug will be a simple plug in option like the phazer was. I see the rubber plug in rocks second set of photo's. Not a big deal its about a 5 minute hookup if its pre-wired like the Phazer is.

Dude, you picking up yours has me even more excited :) I powersurged mine at Anchorage Yamaha in April (same model as yours). Thanks for posting the pics.

SO SWEET!!!

Will

I'm glad I only said I was 99% sure....I briefly looked at the accessory plug cover tonight and it didn't pop off like the one on my Grizzly. It was rubber and seemed really stuck in there so I bet Smurf and Superman are right. I presently don't have any use for the outlet but down the road after I'm done racing it I can see where it would be handy. Hopefully the wiring harness just lets you plug one in, that would be slick.

I'll get some additional pics tomorrow. Too many chores to do. On the plus side the sled feels lighter then my Vector when picking it up. I had the sled on dollys and pushed down on the rear bumper and the rear suspension feels really soft, much softer than the way I have my Vector set up. I'm hoping I don't have to buy stiffer springs again because the Yamaha springs are very expensive. Maybe the heavier springs in my Vector will work?

Back