• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kids grip that is install under fuel cap???

Daranello said:
Grimm said:
My brother got his from Royal Distributing. It's on page 281 of the online catalog. It works well.

Amazing product BUT won't work with trail tank FYI

I'm interested in hearing why that is. Mine seems to fit on the trail tank just fine.

LJ 452 said:
My concern wasn't so much the cap popping off, as that is unlikely. I think they have to be capable of withstanding tremendous loads, imagine the hydraulic effect of the fuel sloshing up/down. Anyway my concern was more about the abrasion on the neck of the tank; thus reducing the durability. But if others have used and no issues it may be a good item. Plus if the rubberized coating is on the whole thing I guess it would be fine. As for the kids having to move a little, that may not necessarily be all bad, it keeps them awake, and they can even think their controlling the sled. Gives them the concept of steering, and how it’s done. I can see how the Nytro may have the bars too far forward though. Whatever works.

Hydraulic effect??? You lost me. This thing slips over the outside of the filler tank hole then you tighten down the gas cap on top of it. It's a universal fit so if it moves back and forth you can add something such as tape to take up the gap so it fits tight. We are talking about kids small enough to sit in front of you so they shouldn't be moving around much if at all.

There is nothing wrong with the mountain strap method either.

The hydraulic effect I'm referring to is the action of the fuel slamming into the inside of the cap when, say, riding through a big section of rollers. Since there are no baffles, there is nothing to stop the sloshing of the fuel. For instance, trucks fuel tanks use baffles inside to limit the amount of fuel movement, if they didn't the ends of the tank could be blown off, or at least damage the tank during a high rate stop.

LJ 452 said:
The hydraulic effect I'm referring to is the action of the fuel slamming into the inside of the cap when, say, riding through a big section of rollers. Since there are no baffles, there is nothing to stop the sloshing of the fuel. For instance, trucks fuel tanks use baffles inside to limit the amount of fuel movement, if they didn't the ends of the tank could be blown off, or at least damage the tank during a high rate stop.

Yeah I got that part I just don't understand what is has to do with a child riding on the sled. The handle slips over like adding a washer. It is thin, the cap still screws on. We are talking about a child small enough to sit in front. They aren't going to pull the gas cap off even with the fuel sloshing around inside.

Trust me man I've used this thing for years on a rev where the cap wouldn't go on all the way with the handle and the cap never came off or even loosened. On the Nytro the cap will screw on all the way, so it works even better.

Back