• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

Had some input and help from some people smarter then me and we came up with a water arrestor that we call a snubber tube that will add into the meth line at the highest point and when the solenoid is pulsing it will absorb the water hammer effect that I am getting and hopefully smooth out the readings. I will put another pressure sensor pre-solenoid at that highest point, and keep the one post solenoid to compare the readings. The pre-solenoid will hopefully be reading air pressure as all the air in the system will get trapped in that snubber tube and hopefully be much smoother readings. Again I just need to be able to tell the Motec that meth is flowing and keep the aim boost I want. If not default to wastegate pressure and save the motor.

Lastly I'll try 30 hz on the solenoid up from 20 hz. This may help smooth things out as well. Hopefully this allows smooth meth flow and good measurements so I can have my failsafes put in place.

Love your Vids, like your improvements to your Apex, hoping you will at least see the winders tail lights now, didn't think it would be possible on a Apex :)

Don't forget to show us how much this sled weights when it trail ready.

Was sick today so spent it inside deciphering all the can bus coding and field names to get my dash to properly alert me of what the Motec is seeing. The red boxes below flash when out of range that I set. Also the exclamation warnings are 3 different sizes based on priority so small ones like temp warm up, battery low, or oil pressure are small, but knock, meth pressure low, or lambda LEAN take up the whole screen and happen in real time. Basically look down nothing flashing or big red, hammer down and send it!

PS. Also added some funny animated GIFs that when the sled is parked people can enjoy for around a hour before I power it down haha

6C968D0F-0C4E-4159-8FB3-C113C2882463.jpeg

E4EE9705-882C-40F5-993E-79CD305DEDD1.png

9BAECC64-6F36-4B2F-8E22-D5E45E230F36.png

63009A40-EE63-4751-836A-D1E68E8E23DC.jpeg

Looks great. The font on your RPM makes it look like there isn't much room between the label 'rpm' and the battery voltage warning. You have voltage twice, so why not just use the one in the upper right. Instrumentation design should lead to muscle memory, e.g. you know that the battery voltage is in the upper right so errors in battery voltage should be in the upper right. etc. The EGT values are rather large and prominent for a value that just isn't going to change that often. What are the dots across the top?

Those warnings will disappear once I turn the key on. I was just simulating what they look like if they kicked on. The LEDs on the top are shift lights and tell me when I get closer to 13,000 RPM. I think you are right on the EGT value, after I’m done tuning, I will shrink a number of these variables down so it’s a cleaner look.

Looks great. The font on your RPM makes it look like there isn't much room between the label 'rpm' and the battery voltage warning. You have voltage twice, so why not just use the one in the upper right. Instrumentation design should lead to muscle memory, e.g. you know that the battery voltage is in the upper right so errors in battery voltage should be in the upper right. etc. The EGT values are rather large and prominent for a value that just isn't going to change that often. What are the dots across the top?
The Voltage error will only come up when it drops below the 12.8 suggested voltage from AntiGravity, I just could never remember the voltage they told me so this is more for me to remember to plug it into the charger LOL in Normal operation you wont see any warnings.

Makes sense and I wondered if you were just lighting up all the options or showing the 'as run' view. Looks like you are making great progress and I know how satisfying it is to have all that work/planning come together. Congrats so far!

Small update:

1. New meth tank arrived so I can hook that back up and test my snubber tube and new pressure sensor and see if I have more steady readings

2. Displaying Knock has proven to be difficult, I have a new plan to use the driver warn feature of the motec and have it send a signal out to one of my aux outputs on the E888, then wire that signal into a AV input on the E888 and then be able to broadcast it as knock % which is WAY more accurate and useful the knock voltage which is random and all over the place. The Motec SKM is really a brilliant peice, it converts those voltages into AC frequencies, then you calibrate your machine with light load knock to see what freq are ACTUALLY knock, then it filters between 10 and 50 degrees BTDC or the range in which detonation will acutally occur. After all that it spits out a % knock. On my unit anything over 40% is knock up to 7000 rpm and over 52% is knock above those RPMS so if I can get my dash to display that percentage I will have a OEM like precision and when it shows knock it will mean it and I can back off.

3. I have all my charge tube to connect the turbo to the SC, I had to re-do this because I went with a 1 piece hood from CR racing because I friggn love that hood on the apex. 4 rubber straps and the guts are completely open. So I will get that buttoned up.

4. My muffler has been a nightmare, I completely redesigned it and I am excited to fire it up and fingers crossed it was just as quiet as before, it will be 1 lbs lighter, and I should have WAY better O2 readings. I will do a seperate vid just one this by itself, pretty slick!!

Sled should be buttoned up next week!

Exhaust nightmare finished. Hopefully it works!!! I was happy with motorcycle insert last year but it blew apart and I wanted to optimize the flow for my O2 so I can actually get to use closed loop Lambda.

Back