• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knock Light Causes

And just so you all know my other buddy with Cat Turbo runs TD Tunes not Hurricane so BOTH have issues.

No. Tunes should be done to a average or below average fuel to make a happy customer. Claiming 270 on Unicorn fuel is not right. If knock sensor is bad that is a good excuse and not Tuners fault. The cause of this if fuel is lack of In Field testing before release.
We'll have to agree to disagree

Having knock protection and gassing up at different gas stations let's a person know who has bad gas and who has good gas.
Before knock protection I used to think something was wrong with my sled but now I know it's just poor fuel. Not all stations have poor fuel up here. The local krist oil station sells 93 octane and my sled does not knock on that.

Right, I've seen reports from multiple people in that area of the country with knock issues from various tuners. Seems like the fuel isn't what is advertised. I certainly don't want to be forced into a 87 octane tune because they don't have true 91 somewhere else.

Right, I've seen reports from multiple people in that area of the country with knock issues from various tuners. Seems like the fuel isn't what is advertised. I certainly don't want to be forced into a 87 octane tune because they don't have true 91 somewhere else.
Good point. I see what you are saying adding some booster isnt that inconvenient if a bad tank is unavoidable also. Your right.

Having knock protection and gassing up at different gas stations let's a person know who has bad gas and who has good gas.
Before knock protection I used to think something was wrong with my sled but now I know it's just poor fuel. Not all stations have poor fuel up here. The local krist oil station sells 93 octane and my sled does not knock on that.
Krist's all sell Trail passes too. Must be a Snowmobiler friendly owner!

I run Hurricane flash bundle I use 91 never saw knock light till I accidentally had 290 tune on.i run a tank of ultra 94 in it no additive with 290 no lights. Working as described very happy and did some long pulls on lakes no issues. You might have other problems possibly.

I need sleep. Too much late night grooming and drama! Night guys and thanks!
I'm working the night shift right now so everything is late night for me.
You gotta add shock building to that list too. If I ever get home again for a weekend I'll get mine sent off to you. Spent all last weekend working on the kids sleds.

No. Tunes should be done to a average or below average fuel to make a happy customer. Claiming 270 on Unicorn fuel is not right. If knock sensor is bad that is a good excuse and not Tuners fault. The cause of this if fuel is lack of In Field testing before release.
Agree here ! I have 270 tune and saw most of the time the knock light event if I fill it with 91 oct.
I chased knock all season... Was a bad knock sensor. Swapped out and tightened to 15 ft/lb's. Haven't seen knock since.... And this is on WI 91 premium.
I have to try it because I saw frequently my knock light even if I put 91 oct in different locations. I don't know where the sensor is and looks like ?

And just so you all know my other buddy with Cat Turbo runs TD Tunes not Hurricane so BOTH have issues.
If I'm not mistaken didn't td and hurricane have a joint effort in the design of the knock detection?
Fuel must be better quality around northern ontario i have many friend running tunes from different tuners and non of them have issues with knock!!!
The only one who got knock once was hammer that I know of at the beginning of the season and I beleive he had old gas from last season!!!

Snowmobiles are money pits period.
But I still love it!!!!

IMG_0656.JPG

Back