• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Leak issue explained

stingray719

TY 4 Stroke God
On the "other site" an explanation was issued as per leaks. With this system of rubber hoses on aluminum tubes the aluminum cools and contracts faster then the rubber hose and clamp. That is why you didn't see your sled leak at the dealers or sitting in your garage before the first ride. That is also why several heat cycles need occur and a retighten of clamps should happen. This is supposed to occur on your 300 mile check up on Yamaha if I am reading the check up right?

I believe this as I had this issue on both my turbo and supercharged Phazers. Took several heat cycles to get a good tighten on all the boost hoses where they no longer wanted a tighten.

Thoughts?

Mine leaked after the first 20 Kms , all better now at 870 Kms . Just put some of my loving care to it, no more leaks.

I had loose clamps and hardware from day one on mine... But that is true about the expansion rates being different. Just wasn't the case on mine.

Tightened when new, checked again after 270 miles, going to check again after my oil change and post if they were loose or not.

Thats a BS explaination in our case the clamp was not even in the right part of the barb sticking out of the rad. It was just piss poor workmanship.

Back