• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Leaking Grease Fittings!!!!

Iceman57

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Was wondering how many sleds have leaky grease fittings and has anyone taken their sled in to get them repaired. At the beginning of the season I read a few articles about this but nothing recently. I have a upper and lower grease fitting squirting out the side. Just took my sled in today for repair. The parts are about $250.00, good thing its a warranty issue.

My dealer orderded the parts and when theycome in I will drop off my sled for their replacement. I used JB Weld but after a couple of greasings the JB came off.

I only had one that leaked from the side, I applied some jb weld around the area and all is good...

$250 for grease fittings????? What / How did they repair .......

They can't just replace the grease fittings as hey are welded to the suspension arms. They had to order both of the arms that the grease fittings are mounted to. Due to the rust on the arms I was considering having the fittings welded and then having the arms ceramic coated to eliminate the rusting.

The fittings on my rear pivot arm assembly leaked ridiculously. It was very difficult to get grease to flow out the ends (80% leaks out, 20% goes in).

My rear pivot arm wouldn"t take any grease. Dealer order new part and tried replacing the arm but new one would take grease either. He then removed old zerk and retapped a new one in. Did this on both my sleds, now they will take grease. I asked about grease leaking out the sides and he said not to heat and try to tack weld around because there is a spring in the zerk and if gets tempered then it will leak. They have been using threaded zerk by tapping a new thread.

I'm a little suspicious about the spring in the zerk. Most zerks have a spring that pushes a ball against the opening so grease won't leak back out. There are no balls in any of the zerks on the ER. You can stick a probe in the zerk and it bottoms out on the shaft. By the way grease does leak back out after greasing. My dealer did the liquid metal weld, wrong color for JB. Fitting still leaks.

Appex Gt 3000 miles original belt---my dealer replased the rear swing arm twice before we got one that would take grease. Before storing plan on oil and filter, new belt, new plugs, 8 inch woodie dualies (144studs) and hi-fax. Wondering if shocks should be serviced?

anyone have a fitting snap off?....I Noticed i have one missing...and it looks like several of mine arent welded all the way around,so they will leak...damn this sux.

I used JB Weld on 3 of mine in the begining of the season. It worked like a charm. Before the JB Weld the rear most zerk wouldn't take any grease at all. It just gushed out around the weld. After JB Weld it doesn't leak a drop.

dropped my sled off friday for new left side rail, mine cracked where rear arm mounts to rail. told dealer i had to jb weld all of my fittings cause they wont take grease. all of the welds on my arms are rusting, paint flaked off because of stress i assume. hope they fix all of this stuff under warranty. mentioned hand warmers also. other than these small (in my opinion) issues i love this sled. gets 15 mpg takin a beatin, will show me 130 on speedo on a perfect day bone stock, official tow machine of my group cause i ride with 2 smokes, what else can i say :4STroke:

Back