• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for a good wrench for shocks

Fixit156

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Viper RTX DX
looking to buy a better set of Spanner wrenches to adjust the springs. Notice that they come in different sizes I.e. 2, 2.5 . So what size are the ones on the viper? And or has anyone one have a good source on set of good ones. I know lot of people use screwdriver and hammer. But that’s not my style like to use the correct tool.
Thanks

Just google adjustable hook spanner wrench theres tons out there.
I got mine through mcmaster carr but you can find them everywhere.
I suggest the adjustable hook style because you use it on more than just 1 size

The front skid shock on both of mine were so bound up that even my quality correct size wrench's could not budge them plus the access is lousy. Sledge and massive scree driver we're necessary.

Just google adjustable hook spanner wrench theres tons out there.
I got mine through mcmaster carr but you can find them everywhere.
I suggest the adjustable hook style because you use it on more than just 1 size
Yup. Williams #472 fits most shocks I have run into but like Yamadog said if they are as tight as most from factory a good piece of aluminum and a Good Hammer work much better. I have sheared a ear of spanner on one it was so tight. Why so tight? I have no idea. But once I get spring set where I like I just use the cheap one in tool kit to snug it up. Never had one come loose. And that way can use same tool to loosen if ever needing to adjust again.

Here
69213942-6D41-49F5-AEC9-60F6FF3E277E.jpeg

sweet. I am going to order one of those.
Damn these websites, making me spend more money on tools. I just ordered a set of JIS screwdrivers last week .

Thanks for the information. I order 2 of them. I have already loosened them up with a brass punch. But the tool that with the sled not very good.

Not the correct tool but I found the filter wrench in my tool cabinet worked well for this.this is the one I have like a channel locks
F6576A0F-A71C-4EA6-B580-2C460D6C2929.png

Back