• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Looking for ideas or pics of Apex's with skid plates

toy4dan

Extreme
Want to put on a front skid plate on my 09 Apex Candy Red, Yamaha offers in there 12 catalog red or black does anybody make a white one ? I might just get the red one, send some pics.

Thanks

Skinz makes a white float plate, which is a wider skid/ bash plate that also covers part of the a arms and assists with flotation. I have one on my MTX. But they are pricey, like $160 or so. They mount up with the same hardware the Yamaha skid plate mount with.

50a815bc.png

I have a skinz. As they say they are wider and cover the a-arm a little.
Also sort of shaped like the bottom of a boat in the front which Im assuming is helping in float.

Got mine from Bob's cycle for 119.00 plus shipping this summer.

Great better protection and flotation, not that I will be going off trail in deep powder that much, but would like a white one.

Hey super sled where did you get your tunnel braces I'm also looking for those ?

Thanks Guys

Thanks Super Sled, Thanks IH8CROWS, I checked out Bobs Cycle and they have them for $119, I would like to see more pics of those only because they look a little big, I'm sure there great for the mountain boys. I will give them a call and see.

I will check with Gade Thrasher, I definetly like those tunnel stiffeners.

Thanks again

Super Sled said:
The silver ones on my Attak are Muffin Works tunnel stiffeners. Gade Thrasher on the site sells them.

Hey, Super Sled, I checked with Muffin Works, the email doesn't go through and there is no phone number. Are they still in buisness I wonder ?

Email wont go through because when you click his cheater link this is what is put in: email:sales@muffinworksltd.com

Take out the word email and the semi-colon, then mail.

sales@muffinworksltd.com

Not white, but you get the idea..

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 116
I suppose the white skinz one could be cut to look like a factory one if desired?

I purchased mine used off of Legend on here.
Guess I got lucky because lots of peeps sure wanted to know where I got it from!

Attachments

• HPIM1925 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1925 (Medium).JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 118
  • HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 98
toy4dan said:
Thanks guys, I do like the white one, might go with the Yamaha one and get it painted.

Your sled looks great Irv

Sweet looking Apex FrostyNutz

Thanks guys, I am pretty happy with how it turned out ;)!

Back