• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

lost top end

iarx1

Veteran
I have an 03 with ripsaw, HH's and team secondary. Holeshot and midrange are great but have lost top end (105 on speedo) last year was much better. The rpms are 10,200 and hold. Any ideas???

Snow conditions can be very restrictive. I *HAD* a 9833 on mine, and could do 125 mph gauge, 112 radar with *pretty good* but not perfect conditions. In loose crap lake running, seems to top out around 110 gauge. Don't assume that your machine is slower until you test in perfect conditions.

iarx1, did you put the ripsaw on after the HH's were installed? If so I had the same problem, it would pull like a banshee till about 90 then it was like it hit a wall. If this is the case find Matt from the speedshop, He has been GREAT as far as recommending adjustments for this. Since I bought my kit from him I have called him a few times for tips and info. Hit 116 on a little pond and still going strong(not enough room to find out what it had) and also like LB said 110 on a wind blown lake (loose crappy stuff). You might have to make a couple weight adjustments to compensate for the track.

iarx1: How was it clutched last year? Have you run it on super hard pack conditions or glare ice. If you did were your speeds the same as on loose conditions.

My RX-1 in stock form ran like crap in loose snow. But on hard plowed roads or ice I could pull 130 plus MPH readings on the speedo

Back