• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ltx se heavy steering

OK thanks I will try that and check my toe in/out to just see where its at, from what I recall it's toed in slightly right now

Ooh thats not good, Remember to measure at the carbides or the carbide studs on level ground.
yup I had never checked it before, but seemed to notice it once I switched to the mohawk skis

besides being on level ground, what's the best way to check toe in/out? just measure front and rear of the carbide in relation to the center of the sled?
Ooh thats not good, Remember to measure at the carbides or the carbide studs on level ground.

besides being on level ground, what's the best way to check toe in/out? just measure front and rear of the carbide in relation to the center of the sled?
I just did an alignment a bit ago. Easiest for me is th sit on the sled and get the bars centered so that any play is the same amount in both directions. Place a long 2x4 along the one side of the track, touching full length. I put a weight against it so it doesn't move. Then measure from the edge of the board to the side of the front carbide stud, and from the board to the inside of the rear carbide stud. First side should measure 3/16" give or take more at the front stud. If it does, then check the other side from the board. It should also be 3/16" from the board giving you 3/8" toe out at the fron carbide stud. If your measurements are not very close on both sides, or you are not toed out 3/8", you need to align.

To align, pull the pushing and pull back the rubber boots where the steering rods go into the belly. Use a 13mm wrench on the flats of the strewing rod, and loosen the jamb nuts using a 16mm wrench. Might need to move the steering to the side opposite your loosening to get to the inside one, but you can get on it with the 16 and then turn the rod with the 13 to loosen the inner jamb nut. One. All are loose and backed off some so you can adjust the rods, center your bars again, and make sure the board is up against the track. Adjust rack ski relative to the board so that each side is tied out 3/16" from the edge of the board. I tighten the out lamb nut first on both sides then recheck my measurements before I turn the skis to allow me to tighten the inner jamb nuts.

Once all are tightened, button up the rubber boots and you be good to go. Takes about a half an hour.

I had to do mine twice as I hit a clump of hard ground carving in a field on Sunday, and immediately noticed the bats were off center slightly. I looked it all over, but couldn't find anything bent. After aligning and putting most of the tools away, I noticed the sway bar bracket on the left A arm was bent forward a bit. I took off the sway bar link, and straightened the tab (they aren't as strong as they look) with an adjustable wrench. Put the link back in, and low and behold, I had to put my alignment right back where I had it to start:o|.

I never trusted any 2x4 that I had, so last year I purchased an 8' long, $120 level from Home Depot. I kept it in it's wrapping, just used it to check my ski alignment, then returned it 2 hours later for a refund.

I never trusted any 2x4 that I had, so last year I purchased an 8' long, $120 level from Home Depot. I kept it in it's wrapping, just used it to check my ski alignment, then returned it 2 hours later for a refund.
That's funny. I think I remember my Mother in Law doing that with a dress many years ago.....

I actually a long piece of oak trim. It's straight as an arrow. 2x4 works, but it's gotta be a straight one.

Alright got the ltx lined up perfect and the heavy steering I got fixed to a certain degree but man do the curve skis ever dart.
I just got home from a 4 day trip and my wife hated the curves so much that we needed to switch skis. I have the cat skis with snow trackers and they're a dream to drive.

Is there snow trackers available for the curve skis? If but they're going for sale.

I can say they're great skis off trail compared to the cat skis.

I have been in contact with snowtracker about having some for the curve ski. They make them for the c/a skis which uses some runners. They have never fit them up on curve to see if the loop interferes where the hole gets drilled in front. I will order a set and do a trial fit.

Can't take credit for the idea...... I use a 4x8 sheet of plywood. You start by centering your track on the plywood. Everything will be true from that point.

I have been in contact with snowtracker about having some for the curve ski. They make them for the c/a skis which uses some runners. They have never fit them up on curve to see if the loop interferes where the hole gets drilled in front. I will order a set and do a trial fit.
Let me know how it works, I hate my skis on hard trails.
Drove on trails with 6"of powder and they were fine.

Back