• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX Suspension settings only

I did finally hear from Matt. Must be a busy guy. Here is what he said:
So I *FINALLY* got a chance to ride. Still zero snow here in the Mpls metro area, so we trailered up to the UP and rode in Mackinac County. Rode the trail system around there and also crossed the ice bridge to ride on Mackinac island.

MASSIVE difference in the handling of the sled. The rear is so much more calm now. The trails were in really good shape, but the ice bridge was really rough. Both slow and high speed runs across the bumpy ice and I experienced none of the bucking that I had experienced before the shocks were done.

We only got to ride one day and put on about a hundred miles. I'm hoping to go up for what will probably be my final ride of the season two weeks from now. If there is still no snow here, which I'm not counting on, we will be trailering to Ironwood.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I can still give you a call sometime if you want.

Thanks,

Matt

The re-valve is the solution to the back buster worth the 150 Canadian bucks all day long!
Did mine yesterday and wow different sled for sure!!
The most smoothest ride I have had on any machine
I will try to post video I am a newbie!
Cheers

Reviving old thread, sorry. I had both of my rear shocks revalved by Cannondale27 last year, and after a season of riding (and a little bit this year), I still find the rear suspension just too darn stiff for my liking. I would like to change out the torsion springs to lighter ones to try and achieve a more plush ride. Can somebody please point me in the right direction for the correct part numbers for the lighter springs. Are the 2014 LTX part numbers identical to the 2017 LTX part numbers? Are the Cat Springs cheaper? Do I need springs off of a LTX DX?

Thanks.

Reviving old thread, sorry. I had both of my rear shocks revalved by Cannondale27 last year, and after a season of riding (and a little bit this year), I still find the rear suspension just too darn stiff for my liking. I would like to change out the torsion springs to lighter ones to try and achieve a more plush ride. Can somebody please point me in the right direction for the correct part numbers for the lighter springs. Are the 2014 LTX part numbers identical to the 2017 LTX part numbers? Are the Cat Springs cheaper? Do I need springs off of a LTX DX?

Thanks.

I put on the lighter torsion springs this year and WOW, what a difference. I weigh 225 lbs and found the position 2 to be perfect. Position 1 was very plush, but felt it might be too soft once the trails get pretty rough. I bought the CAT ones as those were easy to find right away, but they should be the same ones that come on the LTX for 2016 and 2017 Vipers. I believe 2016 was the year they switched to the softer springs. Yamaha Part #'s are:
8JX-G7473-00-00
8JX-G7474-00-00

I put on the lighter torsion springs this year and WOW, what a difference. I weigh 225 lbs and found the position 2 to be perfect. Position 1 was very plush, but felt it might be too soft once the trails get pretty rough. I bought the CAT ones as those were easy to find right away, but they should be the same ones that come on the LTX for 2016 and 2017 Vipers. I believe 2016 was the year they switched to the softer springs. Yamaha Part #'s are:
8JX-G7473-00-00
8JX-G7474-00-00

Same here. I actually did the softer springs the first year before I had shocks revalved. They definitely help some in that case but didn't truest get the full benefit until shocks were done. I trail ride 75% of the time with springs on full soft and when they get really rough I'll turn them up to 2 and on real hard hits it'll just bottom out. Very plush ride! I should add that I weigh 260 and with proper shock valving and the softer springs I've never needed to have the torsions set on full stiff, #2 setting is more than enough for average tug hill trail riding.

Same here. I actually did the softer springs the first year before I had shocks revalved. They definitely help some in that case but didn't truest get the full benefit until shocks were done. I trail ride 75% of the time with springs on full soft and when they get really rough I'll turn them up to 2 and on real hard hits it'll just bottom out. Very plush ride! I should add that I weigh 260 and with proper shock valving and the softer springs I've never needed to have the torsions set on full stiff, #2 setting is more than enough for average tug hill trail riding.

This is the Type of suspension expectations that I am looking for. Thanks for the reply.

This is the Type of suspension expectations that I am looking for. Thanks for the reply.
In addition to the softer torsion springs, the cat dual rate center spring is a good addition. Softer on the little stuff, but heavier for the big junk.

I found it. There is a good write up on Arctic Insider about this dual rate spring and torsion spring changes to the Cat sleds.

Cat part number # 1704-736
$34.16 @ Country Cat

I found it. There is a good write up on Arctic Insider about this dual rate spring and torsion spring changes to the Cat sleds.

Cat part number # 1704-736
$34.16 @ Country Cat
I will check later but the spring SnoNinja is using is stiffer than stock not lighter. This gets the front end light and actually rides better for little stuff because of dual rate. Lots of spring options.

I didn't order one yet. The part number I have listed above is a 90/250-lb spring. I run my ski shocks at 70 psi and use Sno Trackers on stock (2014) Ski's and find that the steering effort is very light right now. I ordered the softer torsion springs today and might just try those first before swapping out center spring. I am not an overly aggressive rider, 250ish with gear, 75% trail, 25% off trail. When off trail we ride mainly single track trails and fields. Just looking for a plusher all around experience and don't mind bottoming out occasionally.

I will check later but the spring SnoNinja is using is stiffer than stock not lighter. This gets the front end light and actually rides better for little stuff because of dual rate. Lots of spring options.

You think it's a good option cannondale? For whatever reason this year I've found I've been riding a bit harder than normal and have tightened my center shock up a full turn before every ride for the past 3 rides and still find it a bit too soft. $35 sounds much better than the 60-$70 alternative plus the dual rate sounds very nice

Back