• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MAJOR OVERHEATING PLAEASE HELP !!!

09nytro said:
It will come on at a certain temp. Not sure what the temp. Is

X2...After you replace the fuse allow the sled to idle for several minutes with the hood removed. Very tough to hear the fan run but you will feel it pull air through the radiator by placing your hand infront of the radiator after the sled is warmed up.

HOMEHARDWARE65 said:
ok so I have put on over 800 miles so far this season with no problems. went out yesterdayin perfect conditions and was fine for about 30 miles. Stopped for lunch, got back out on the trail and 5 minutes later my temp light came on. I stopped and let it cool off, I continued on and my heat light came right back on. Kept doing this for about 50 miles, and it got so hot it boiled most of the coolent out of the overflow. In a trail side emergency I dumped a bunch of vodka, 7-up and flavoured water in it. But here is the real mystery. I took my hood off and It would run completly perfect and not heat up at all, then as soon as I put the hood back on it would heat up in like 2 minutes. please help, what could the problem be.
thanks

Well I'm no mechanic but recommend drinking your coolant, sleeping it off, then checking/doing all the things previously mentioned. ;)!

My 08 Nytro did the same thing. Mine kept blowing the fuse for the aux fan. I'd put my money on the fuse its in the fuse box by your right leg.

I believe the fan comes on at about 210 F. Just spin it with your finger and make sure the fan free spools and isn't siezed. Change the fuse and try it.

wouldn't it be best to figure out why hes running so hot with an aux cooler ? if the fan doesnt turn on until 210 its not really that useful other than preventing damage when things are already getting to hot

I would also pressure check the system may have a bad head gasket .......because you got it so hot last year with stud in heat exchanger just a thought

Does anyone know if the fan runs when the sled is shut down but the ignition key ON? of course I mean during an overheat situation

Grimm said:
Does anyone know if the fan runs when the sled is shut down but the ignition key ON? of course I mean during an overheat situation

No, it doesn't. I thought about putting a switch on it but since installing the MTX exchanger I don't have a heating problem anymore.

I will have to say, adding the MTX heat exchanger to my XTX is one of the best things I've ever done to my Nytro! Rode in 42-45 degree weather 2 weekends ago...no heat light! I was extremely pleased to say the least.

Here is the kit # 8HA-124A0-00-00

This includes all necessary hardware required for the install, ie. exchanger, hoses, rivets, clamps, etc.

I scored mine for about $200 a couple of years ago, but I think it's a little more now. It pays to shop around...for some reason in Canada, it's actually cheaper than the States.

Back