• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MC RX-1 Headgasket ?

How thick of headgasket should i use on mc express rear mount with j e 10-1 pistons at 6000 to 9000 ft at 17psi on pump gas?

On pump fuel?? A really thick one!!!
I use 10:1 with two gaskets and 50/50 fuel.......C12. 17lbs of boost. 6-8 thousand feet.
Not sure you could ever get away with pump premium at that level.
But let us know how it works.
CM

With the MC front mount turbo do you have to run 50/50 race fuel/premium at 10lbs of boost riding at 7,000 to 10,000 ft?
Do not have head gasket.

You would at 500 feet. WHy didn't you do the gasket?

Cometic has has nice single gasket that is .054 thick, it is designed for turbo use , seems much better than stacking 2. When I called them they also said they had a 0.76 gasket, but that seemed a little drastic.

I am confused, because I called them today and they told me they had a.051 and a .060 available. I guess it depends on who you talk to. I could swear the one I have in there now is .057. Does anyone know who has any in stock? I ordered the .051 but can't get it til next week.

I wanted a 0.57 and they said the new one was 0.54...go figure.Freddie at ecp fixed me up w/ two of them , he had them in stock.

I think the MCX gasket is .067. I sent my .027 from my piston kit back to Cometic in exchange for a custom made .051. :Rockon:

I got my Cometic gasket today from Freedie and it is a .054". The one I cancelled from Cometic was a .051". They are all over the place.
Back to the original ? of how much boost, I am planning on 12 lbs on 92 octane with the 10 to 1 pistons and the .054 gasket. Above that I will be using Sunoco 100 race gas.

Back