• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX 190 owners

loudelectronics

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Website
presdwr.spaces.live.com
Anyone that owns an early model 190 kit should know this. The early kits did not request that the barometric sensor be connected to the intake. With out this your machine could be running extremely lean. Also altitude compensation does not work effectively and again causes your machine to run lean.

Its a ten minute job, pull the baro sensor on top of throttle body (its the one with out any hoses connected and on throttle side of the other pressure sensor) connect some tubing to nipple and run to the join on the intake turbo hose. Pull the hose apart and tap into the aluminum to install a nipple. Reconnect and problem solved.

I was seeing AFR's near 17:1 before connecting the baro sensor. After my AFR's are 11-12.5:1.

Anyone that owns an early model 190 kit should know this. The early kits did not request that the barometric sensor be connected to the intake. With out this your machine could be running extremely lean. Also altitude compensation does not work effectively and again causes your machine to run lean.

Its a ten minute job, pull the baro sensor on top of throttle body (its the one with out any hoses connected and on throttle side of the other pressure sensor) connect some tubing to nipple and run to the join on the intake turbo hose. Pull the hose apart and tap into the aluminum to install a nipple. Reconnect and problem solved.
What do you mean by early kits? Could you post some pics?
I was seeing AFR's near 17:1 before connecting the baro sensor. After my AFR's are 11-12.5:1.
Could

What do you mean by early kits and could you post pics?

Mine has the nipple on the intake but the instructions didn't say anything about connecting the 2.. guess I'll have to look into that! Good info.

Back