• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX 190 Ulmer Clutch Kit Overrev

I tie wrapped every thing.

Where would I be checking for leaks?

I tie wrapped every thing.

Where would I be checking for leaks?

It would be great if you could feed a low pressure air source to the waste gate and watch the rod start to move when you hit 6 psi. That would show that your diaphragm isn't leaking. That would be my first move.

Need a tool like this, it will do pressure & vacuum. Makes setting the linkage rod very easy.
005_zpsqpsfi8li.jpg

Last edited:
Im wondering if you mcx 190 isn't a 270 or something goofy like that? Meaning the box is programmed wrong. Have seen lots of weird things over the years with turbos. Its just a thought is all. How much weight do you have in the primary? Been using Dalton weights since 2005 for turbos, very easy to use & there pretty close to you.

The rod on the actuator has a little s or zig zag in it make sure it twisted/lined up in the right manner. Could possibly be binding as well. You can tell this once you put some air to it and see how it moves.

It would be great if you could feed a low pressure air source to the waste gate and watch the rod start to move when you hit 6 psi. That would show that your diaphragm isn't leaking. That would be my first move.

I haven't tested a Viper, but a typical turbo will require pressure well in excess of the wastegate setting in order to move. This is because there is exhaust drive pressure acting on the flapper that releases excess drive.

I haven't tested a Viper, but a typical turbo will require pressure well in excess of the wastegate setting in order to move. This is because there is exhaust drive pressure acting on the flapper that releases excess drive.

Well that does make perfect sense, guess he would need to contact MCX to get the correct static pressure setting for his wastegate. As you suggested in your earlier post he may not have a pressure signal at all.

Im wondering if you mcx 190 isn't a 270 or something goofy like that? Meaning the box is programmed wrong. Have seen lots of weird things over the years with turbos. Its just a thought is all. How much weight do you have in the primary? Been using Dalton weights since 2005 for turbos, very easy to use & there pretty close to you.
The Ulmer kit came with 66g weights.. im at 75 now. And a 51/43 helix. Not sure what Ulmers helix is.. but it is not that steep. The set up I have now I keeping me off the rev limiter but my afr reading is still into the 13s occasionally and boost is showing 7.. the reason my clutching is different now is because the mcx dealer in the us was convinced I didnt have a proper set up.. so now im clutched for overboosting and not 6 psi like I should be.. if that makes sense.

Could plumb the boost gauge temporarily to read right at the wastegate pot. As for damage I wouldn't be too concerned with a quick run which should be all it takes. Should have your answer in 2-300' I'd think. Gopro is handy to watch your gauges especially if you can get RPM and speed in same frame. Not sure what the AF will do on the limiter, but I believe that the ECM cuts fuel run lean.

As for 75 grams I think it sounds like something is binding in the clutch shift...

Still fighting with this.. Going to try to get to an automotive store tomorrow and find one of those pumps. MCX don't believe there is anything wrong with the kit.. or at least that is the impression they are giving me.

Ok, so I took off the actuator and put air to it, it would begin to move at 2.5 psi and max out at 8 psi. I put it back on the sled and it dont seem like it moves as much with the same amount of air on it. I dont know if the flapper arm is bent or something. I couldnt get a decent picture of it. And cant find anything on the internet. Pretty sure im going to take it off and sell it. If anyone is interested please let me know. Should be fine for you high altitude guys.. not so much for sea level guys like myself.

Does anyone happen to have a picture of the wastegate actuator? I'm beginning to think it may be bent.. A picture would be greatly appreciated.

Back