• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mcxpress Turbo for a Apex MT.

Cooter123

Looking at getting a MCXpress Turbo for my 06 Apex Mountain sled. I will be doing the install myself except for the headshim. Are there any pro's or con's to the this turbo? Anything I should watch for when installing the trubo system? I've been around some Boondocker turbo's and helped with an install or two but we didn't do a headshim on those.

I plan on running pump gas on this system at 12lbs.

I had one on my 06. Being a rear mount, there will be some lag, but not much more to worry about. Contact Powderlites and get a RB3 box for it too, and you'll be good to go.

oh, only thing to worry about, is the cracking flex pipes, and boost leaks...the cable ties that comes with the MCX kits isn't really good for preventing boost leaks...

And, the kit doesn't come with any instruments, so you'll need to get these, (WB02, boost)

Happy boosting

I believe you get one of the best working kit's in the world if you buy one, with futures no one else have!

Are you getting a new kit, or a used one?
If you getting a new, you get the Mitsu 19T, and that is an improvement, i know cause i changed last year!

Lag is nothing to worry about, i bought Supertip weights and tuned the primary to keep the throttle respons, you get lag even without turbo if you tune the clutches wrong.

I also can recommend Vortech bypass valve, because it helps the turbo spinning and always be ready when you need power, i boondock alot among trees,ditches and lumps, and to be able to get immediate response when you blip the throttle to get the flow in driving is super!!!

I also can recommend to buy their Display, then you get lambda and boost readings among many other futures, the logging capabilities are a BIG +, you can log many hours, but i recommend 30-60 sec or so at a time, after analyzing the log you can finetune the fuel delivery with a PC, in the log you see for ex. Time (in tenth of a second),boost, Lambda, AFR, TPS, rpm & voltage.

I can't recommend the RB3 yet other then by hearsay, i must point that out, if i not tried it myself i can't stand for what i write, i bought one this summer because the engine started to run rich off boost after i installed a bigger fuelpump last winter, and when i didn't find any adjustable fuelpressure regulator that fitted Apex i bought the RB3 to be able to adjust it, now MCX promised me that they have one for Apex in a near future.

Hope i could be of any help, good luck in your boosting :Rockon:

Have to add that the Megatune software that comes with the MCX display is very easy to use, and the logging capabilities of the MCX display is a great asset to their turbo system. With the MCX display and a PC connected over a USB connection adjusting boost and fuel maps is a breeze. As Tbird says, make a lot of short passes, connect to the lap top or PC, download the log onto the computer and analyse it. The Megatune reads out the current settings from the MCX ECU (always remember to save a copy of your current MCX ECU map to you harddrive before makeing any changes), make your changes and then reload the new map into the MCX ECU.

I have been working with the MCX Display and MegaTune software last winter and I fell in love with it right away.

My Apex friends have had problems with cracking Yamaha flex pipes and Yamaha Y-pipes, the Titanium parts do not seem to stand up to the beating we put our sleds thru. My RX-1 with all stainless steel parts have not had any problems with cracking exhaust parts for 3 seasons.

Other than that I can recommend the MCXpress kits, they are very durable in my experience.

Get the Vortech Race Bypass Valve, a boost meter and a boost controller (or the MCX display). I recommend a boost meter even when running the MCX display, it's easier to scan a needle display when riding hard.

Beeing a bit of a noob in the technical with a turbo system... i bought the mcx 290 kit for my apex.

But whats the diffrence with vortechs valve and the one that comes with the kit. also is there a electric or mechanic boost controller i need and any good site if so for ordering both to sweden?

The Vortech is a much better blow off valve, faster response and higher capacity dumping more air pr sec than the stock Mitsubishi bov.

All MCX kits for EFI engines comes with an electronic boost controller, so you already have it installed in your sled. It comes at a preset boost level controlled by the MCX EFI Controller.

To be able to adjust boost level you need the MCX Display Controller, the controller plugs the MCX EFI Computer. You connect the Display Controller to a computer and thru the Megatune software you're able to control Boost and Fuel maps.

With the MCX Display Controller you also get a very capable data logger that can hold 6 hours of logging data.

is this display controller and megatune available on the nytros as well?

Back