• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GSE Performance Power Steering Review

Joe,
Was GSE able to fix the intermittent issue with your power steering kit? If so, what was the solution, and has it been trouble free since the repair?
Thanks!
Yes they did, they stood behind their product 100% for me. The intermittent problem was solved once I brought my sled to GSE in Barnes Corner, they went through and changed out the unit and put another one in. I believe the thought was the motor on the EPS was faulty. they also suggested a change of ski from the Tuners to a bit wider USI ski, I did that and the handling greatly improved. Hope this answers your question and feel free to ask any questions on the GSE EPS, hopefully I can answer. Best place for info though would be Gunner at GSE...very nice people at that shop. BTW, I had to drive 5 hours to get there from my home...it was worth it. Joe

Yes they did, they stood behind their product 100% for me. The intermittent problem was solved once I brought my sled to GSE in Barnes Corner, they went through and changed out the unit and put another one in. I believe the thought was the motor on the EPS was faulty. they also suggested a change of ski from the Tuners to a bit wider USI ski, I did that and the handling greatly improved. Hope this answers your question and feel free to ask any questions on the GSE EPS, hopefully I can answer. Best place for info though would be Gunner at GSE...very nice people at that shop. BTW, I had to drive 5 hours to get there from my home...it was worth it. Joe
I noticed on the GSE website the Power Steering kits are out of stock...I wonder if they are still making the kits?

Thanks Joe.
During your visit to GSE, did they happen to mention anything about finding a solution to reduce the "play" in their power steering units?

I bought one beginning of season for my 2020 Yamaha LTX-LE works great. Give them a call.

I noticed on the GSE website the Power Steering kits are out of stock...I wonder if they are still making the kits?
Early in the season the kits were selling like hotcakes, I'm sure they will want to sell more and it's probably a supply chain issue for now.

With the GSE kit do you still get full steering travel for tight turning?
that was my intermittent issue, it would be hard to do a turnpin. I have not had the problem..however, rarely it gets slightly harder to turn and the few times that has happened I just turn the sled off and the steering resets and good to go...I think the power steering on the ventures did the same thing when real cold. the only thing with the GSE is in deep snow...it doesn't want to work at slow speeds...I have not had a problem with it though.

Back