• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Miscellaneous Items

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX LE 141
Looking to see if anyone has used a couple of items I am looking at for my Sidewinder (hopefully being delivered soon - the excitement is killing me).
  1. Has anyone run the Rox Speed FX Flec-Tec hand guards with a medium sport windshield (and stock riser) without hitting the windshield?
  2. What's the consensus on bellypan protectors? Barn of Parts/Excell? Turbo Dynamics? Others?
  3. What's the consensus on skid plates? Yamaha Trail skid plate? Yamaha Pro skid plate? Others?
As soon as J&T makes it, I'll be ordering their Stealth Wheel Kit for the new rails. Also going to be machining a new axle for the front skid shock out of a solid 316 stainless rod as soon as the summer rolls around again.

Finally, can anyone confirm we're getting push button start on the '19s. I read it in an article (https://maxsled.com/6-things-need-know-2019-yamaha-lineup/ - Item #5 or 6), but it almost seems too good to be true.

Last edited:

Looking to see if anyone has used a couple of items I am looking at for my Sidewinder (hopefully being delivered soon - the excitement is killing me).
  1. Has anyone run the Rox Speed FX Flec-Tec hand guards with a medium sport windshield (and stock riser) without hitting the windshield?
  2. What's the consensus on bellypan protectors? Barn of Parts/Excell? Turbo Dynamics? Others?
  3. What's the consensus on skid plates? Yamaha Trail skid plate? Yamaha Pro skid plate? Others?
As soon as J&T makes it, I'll be ordering their Stealth Wheel Kit for the new rails. Also going to be machining a new axle for the front skid shock out of a solid 316 stainless rod as soon as the summer rolls around again.

Finally, can anyone confirm we're getting push button start on the '19s. I read it in an article (https://maxsled.com/6-things-need-know-2019-yamaha-lineup/ - Item #5 or 6), but it almost seems too good to be true.

1) Mine does but I have an 8" riser, never tried stock.
2) I use BOP but all others are good options.
3) BOP for the skid plates

I believe (Haven't seen any 19's yet to confirm) that only the models with electronic suspension have the new control package.

Excellent. Thanks!

Yamaha is advertising the new "Stealth Controls" across the entire line-up. However, when looking at the Arctic Cat website (specifically any of the 6000s or 8000s), the reverse button is also the start button. On the 9000/SideWinder, that's not there. The article said it was a different button though.

With people starting to receive their SideWinders, was curious what the input was.

It will still be key start for 4strokes....

I recommend the CAT procross handgaurds with LED lights...I love mine. Check out my build thread(SIG link below) which has lots info on a ton of stuff, and pics/vids. I find that most gaurds work with many windows due to the way the bars articulate. I run the SE window which is a nice combo of low and warm enough.

Dan

img_9802-jpg.131759

img_3424-jpg.131774

img_3428-jpg.131776

img_9817-jpg.131798

Back