• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono shock damage / rubbing track --PICS--

I don't see how it could slow you down. It really dosn't have any pressure on it, just keeps the track from rubbing the shock.

DSC_0098.jpg

Seems like the bearings will have less resistence than the track dragging on the shock so my guess is it would not slow it down.

Great idea. I just ordered one. I already replaced one track. (I should say Yamaha did) My shock is worn bigtime. Could not get them to cover that but it's ok. They replaced my whole skid with the 06 skid and at least I have ther fittings and better rails now. Not to mention a new track.

shock eye wear?

been thinking about your dig photos this I would try cure with a umer roller kit if that much wear in so little of miles. I had wear like this on race viper long travel set with ohlins I used a .5 larger idler on top shaft but that was pro action skid but cured my problems. I know you probley all joke about my post never learned to write very well have been in lots of wrecks to boot but log about 10.000 miles a year the more miles you put the more your learn . It has came to pass that I dont brag about my yamaha sleds like I used to when younger I am now 50 but sure have to fix lots of little greamlins each year yamaha releases a new sled dont get me wrong I love yamaha sleds just getting worn out fixing things there people should be taking care of hope they heed Cory and the rest of the racers input great holidays to all and great riding its snowing in alaska tonight to damm worn out from wrenching on monos to go riding oh well should have rode sane the last years befor also peace on earth all I hope we can all treat each fellow men kinder this next year Irondog rtx out

The 06 skid will do the same thing unless you install the kit, It seem a little strange to me that so many long time sledders ride with their tracks (LOOSE) as Yamaha states. We all know thats B.S. they just arent willing to step up to the plate and admit their mistake. J.M.O. Why is it that you never hear about recalls on yammys? Cat,Doo,and Poo all do (recalls) .

:die ======================= LaLaLa ---------------------------- :nos

Look at the skid in a new Phazer

Have you noticed the rear suspension on the new Phazer? There are two large white "wheels" at the center of the rear arm, guessing this is to carry the track over the shock and keep it from contacting the shock.

Here's a link to a pic:

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelimage/508/27/2/0/image.aspx

If you click on the 360 view, and select the rear suspension, you can rotate it to see it better.

I put the bearings on mine but I was looking and if you could find wheels about 1/2 inch larger tihs would do it also.

:die ======================= LaLaLa --------------------------- :nos

Are you guys still having rub issues?

I just bought a used Bender Racing reaction suspension (monoshock RA) for my SRX. I can see rub marks already on the shock. But I'm not going to stud the track like the previous owner.

Should I still buy the Ulmer rub kit?

I have 06 Apex Gt 121" with the same problem. No pics in centre using 144 pics, 2 Yamaha dealers have been no help. Would be great to get solution shocks aren't cheap

GATEKEEPER1 said:
I have 06 Apex Gt 121" with the same problem. No pics in centre using 144 pics, 2 Yamaha dealers have been no help. Would be great to get solution shocks aren't cheap

Same problem here....mine is worn right through!!

Funny that this was a problem (documented on this site of all things) back on the first MONO skids and Yamaha did F-all about it until the 2009 model year.

I can live with the handwarmer issue....but this shock is very expensive to replace.
Top it all off, 06's got only 1 yr warranty in Canada.

Since my post I ended up getting the Ulmer rub kit even if i have no studs. Just in case.

I spray it with FluidFilm all the time to make the bearings last. So far so good.

Back