• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More oil leaks

Never stored in heated shop up here ever....and I swear I have less issues on many items then others who always have sleds in heated shop.

Never stored in heated shop up here ever....and I swear I have less issues on many items then others who always have sleds in heated shop.
I agree Dan! The problem many guys don't understand is when you take your sled from the wicked cold and bring it into a warm shop you end up with condensation on everything. All that moisture everywhere and if you don't let it dry before the next time you go out it then freezes on everything. Your clutches and everything get wet time after time and I'm sure that's not really good for them over time.

I won't argue with the logic on cold to heated storage, but I will say wrenching and adjusting on your sled in a warm place beats the snot out of doing it in the cold with frozen hands!
Got a buddy that gives me crap all of the time because usually after every trip I go to the car wash and clean the sleds and then put back in the shop. I will turn on the heat to thaw them out so I can take a look underneath to check things over. I don't leave the heat on continuously, however. Will turn it on to thaw and days when I'm going to work out there.
As to my gas concern, I'm hoping it's just like XP123 said.

My sleds & trailer go into a heated shop after I return from trips. Stay there for a day or so to completely dry out. Never smell fuel. But never come home full. Usually half to empty.

Back