• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

No the exhaust itself does not get that hot, if your talking about the muffler. And the weight in the clutches as you run more hp is the problem. I think at 12#'s I am somewhere around 98 grams and as the new motor broke in I started seeing 13#'s and banging off the rev limiter. The helix makes a big diff also the power comes on so fast in these things that the shift out on the primary gets ahead of the secondary and at launch I was getting a lot of rev limiter. It seems that a straight ramp works better and is more linear for the bigger hp machines.
I'm just worried where the exhaust goes into the muffler , right side up by the drivers knee area I guesse

Will the ulmer clutch kit I have help the clutch problems your talking about?

I am not sure what clutching problem your having but Allen's stuff is dead on. You can go with a cheaper set up but will spend a ton of time tuning it. Hauck originally built my sled and put his kit in it. I was back to him maybe 4 times cause it was way off and that was when I was only at 6 #'s of boost. I took the sled to Ulmer after the motor work was done - threw away all of the Hauck crap put his kit in it and other than the hp increase after the motor broke in it was spot on. I only bang the limiter when the track breaks loose.

I was not having problems it was making so much hp that I had to add weight. Most kits can only go so far but with Allen's I believe I can get closer to 110 grams

I am going to find out cause when I get it back from Allen it will be blowing 20#'s into it and be closer to 330 hp

Ok I get you now. It sounds like you got boost fever!! Im just starting this year with the 190.

I'm waiting for my ulmer clutch kit to come in.
I am going to find out cause when I get it back from Allen it will be blowing 20#'s into it and be closer to 330 hp

Nick I tried to go last year and had a schedule conflict I am planning on going there this year and every radar and ice drag I can make

Nick I tried to go last year and had a schedule conflict I am planning on going there this year and every radar and ice drag I can make
nice I have been goin to this event for the past 8 years, and im from NY .lot of fun

nice I have been goin to this event for the past 8 years, and im from NY .lot of fun
Hope to see Ya there we will have some fun and yes that's a cruise from NY I am from Hershey PA moved out here 15 yrs ago its a lot closer- I am less than 2 hours from there. I actually have a cabin about 40 miles south of there now and just put heat in it for winter stays. they don't get the good snow there though so I ride mainly Hurley and up into the UP.

Back