• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

~Mr. Gutt Good Wrench Plz~

Toploader427

I have a few questions for the Mr. Gutt Good Wrench's...

How difficult to change oil and filter on Apex?

" " to change plugs??

Water pump, belt or gear driven???

Oil Pump, gear driven I assume????

Fuel pump location and ype?????

Thanks! you all are tree men duss !!!

( is there a pictoral breakdown of this engine online somewhere?)

:jump:

Toploader427 said:
I have a few questions for the Mr. Gutt Good Wrench's...

How difficult to change oil and filter on Apex?

" " to change plugs??

Water pump, belt or gear driven???

Oil Pump, gear driven I assume????

Fuel pump location and ype?????

Thanks! you all are tree men duss !!!

( is there a pictoral breakdown of this engine online somewhere?)

:jump:

Changing the oil is NBD. You have to drain the tank and the sump. Remove the composite cover under the sump first. You may have to lightly tap the drain bolt, and or use a box-end wrench over an allen (hex) wrench for leverage - they stick pretty good. The filter is a bit of a pain - you have to remove the air-box and battery. First time it will probably take you a little over an hour to do.

Spark plugs are best changed by removing the black steel light/instrument pod bracket assembly windshield and all, from the DB perimeter frame by removing the, (4) 12 mm. bolts (2 on each side) and the wiring connectors. Then you need to remove the over-flow tank, and finally the plug coil retaining bolts. While you are at it, you can take that opportunity to lower the Hi-Beams (refer to manual)

I have never had to change either pump, belt, gear???, so I cannot comment on that. But I can tell you that I've put over 12,000 miles on 2 Yamaha Genesis motors combined (140 & 150) over a 5 yr. period, without ANY motor related issues with either of them. I have a 4yr. xtnd. warranty so I guess I don't worry too much about it.

Try www.yamaha-motor.com parts look-up section.

Back