• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mtn Lite Suspension Sucks

Yellowknife said:
I'm 125 pounds and even I've got everything on its stiffest setting and it bottoms easy, but it is a mountain sled so hey -

I'd be interested in shock upgrades, but not at those prices.

My last sled was a RX1 mountain and I never bottommed the suspension. Even with the seat jack with my gf on!!

Guys the FX shocks will fit the Mountain Lite. You can call Fix Powersports in Minnesota to confirm this. As far as this sled bottoming out, If you decrease the travel of the rear scissor arm you are going to make a big improvement on ride quality. The suspension will couple alot sooner and both shocks will be working together at absorbing the bumps. Just be prepared the sled will probably not be as fun off trail riding.

Attachments

• 07_phazer_mtn_lite_RearSusp 1.JPG
    07_phazer_mtn_lite_RearSusp 1.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 128
I thought about buying gytr shocks, but I would still have to send them off and respring/revalve them.

rfabro

I have not tested in deep snow yet (but im going to this weekend)
at regular tracks i have only seen better performance yet, no trackspin, better handling in bumps, i have tried to have a passanger on my mnt lte, works fine, that was out of the question before..

a litte more difficult to go diagonal up a hill (you have to force more)
but thats on very little snow, i will try in deep powder later.

fabro
did you get your shocks from Hygear and if so how did they work out?

Yeah, they're from Hygear. They work way, way better than the stockers, but I am still tuning them. I think I need a little stiffer spring and compression valving on the center and definitely stiffer springs and comp valving on the ski shocks. I'm 250 lbs with gear and like to hit bumps and jumps. Also, the piggyback doesn't fit the center- the track ripped off the adjuster knobs. I'm waiting on Ross at Hygear to hear back from Custom Axis on what they're going to do. I think they need to build me a whole new shock with a remote reservoir. I have gotten some resistance from Ross on all of these changes, however. I have been wanting to start a new thread- all about my new suspension- but have been waiting to see how Ross takes care of these issues. Hopefully he will do what is needed. I will let everyone know.

Back