• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

music when riding

flyerrrs

who here ride's listening to music. and what do you use thinking of ipod but not shure if it will skip over bumps since it has hard drive in it .also what earbuds will be comfortable in helmet thanks :Rockon:

I posted in that thread too. You can see my ipod shuffle on my handlebar pad. The shuffle is perfect since it has no screen and is flash based memory, no skipping. I use a Moto-Comm helmet headset with the AUX cable, gives you commo with an FRS radio and music. ;)!

Attachments

• CIMG0560.JPG
    CIMG0560.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 147
  • pad.JPG
    pad.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 96
I have an Ipod mini that I listen to when I work out, mow the lawn etc., but I doubt I'll use it for riding ever. For some reason, I think my concentration would be compromised, and don't think thats a good idea. In fact, last year on our first saddlebag ride, about 10 of us, one buddy with a new Vector had his MP3 player all hooked up. Within 30 miles, he turned around to see if another buddy was behind him, and he somehow fell right off the sled, which plowed into a tree without him. He said the tunes had nothing to do with it, but I noticed that was the last time he used it the whole season.

There is a mute button on my rig and often I do turn the sound off just like I turn the radio off when I am backing up my trailer. On the other hand its great to have the option to listen to music when you can or want to.

i bought the kids & me 3 of these things. cheap, can buy any mb size you need, comes with ear buds, easy to use. just plug into USB port and drag whatever songs you want onto it.

Attachments

• mp3.JPG
    mp3.JPG
    4.7 KB · Views: 389
I just use a portable cd player. I put it in my mickey pocket, turn it on, crank up Rob Zombie and ride it like I stole it. I have never had it skip, but when the batteries get cold they lose power faster. Have to keep spares in my pocket. But I like the sound of the RTX, not sure if I am going to listen to tunes or not. I heard an RX-1 with white knuckle performance exhaust, wow, I gotta git me one o dem. :bling

I have my mp3 player plugged into my communicator....been riding like this for 2 years....wouldnt ride without it. It does not compramise my saftey in the least. If anything it keeps me from zoneing out while on long straight runs....just be careful singing to the music, it stays in your helmet, and if your like me sounds awful... :D :D

I use a sony player. It is smaller than an ipod and holds around 700 songs. I just bring my laptop with me on longer trips so I can switch songs around. It does take awhile to get through 700 songs though. Cost me around $160.00. No skipping and works really well. It cranks pretty good also. I could hear it really well even with a triple piped sled.
Here's a link...
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Net ... tDetail.do

Vince

Back