• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TRAIL JAMZ Easy, Fun In-Helmet Stereo System!

Shootinstick said:
Are the premium speakers any larger than the standard? Less likely to fit in BV2S?

Just installed Trail Jamz in my BV2S helmet tonight. To give you an idea of just how awesome it is, I sat in my living room wearing my helmet all night long, looking like a complete moron, but jamming to some seriously thumping tunes. It sounds frigging awesome.

I have a pair of both speaker styles to try, and the standard ones definitely fit much nicer. Your helmet will slide right one as if there's nothing there. I won't say the better ones don't work at all in a BV2S, but they're deeper (thicker) and it's more awkward to get your ears to slide over them. Although there is a difference in sound quality, it's not radically better. IMO, your best bet it to get the amplifier. Adding this is what really brings it to life. It's seriously loud and the bass is thumping.

I was too busy blowing out my eardrums to take pics tonight, but I'll definitely post several pics in the next day or two.

Rock has an awesome product here. You cannot go wrong by adding this little toy to your helmet!!!

Thanks Rock!

Here are some pics of my Trail Jamz installed in my BV2S helmet. I'm hoping this works, cause I don't post pics often.

These first ones should give you an idea how nicely the speakers sit inside your helmet. You really can't even tell they are there.

The volume control sits really nice on the BV2S. There's a small angular cut out at the bottom of the helmet that almost seems factory made to house a Trail Jamz volume control. Cool.

Ready to ride!!!

I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which is the cooler mod this year, my nitrous, or my Trail Jamz! MY only worry is that using these two mods together will cause a grin so wide my ears will slide back behind the speaker! LOL

HRD2PLZ said:
Dude, when you come up bring a set cuz I bought a new helmet this year and want to see the fit. It's a Scorpion EXO helmet. I'll try to attach a pic of the helmet. By the way, when are you coming, we (wife and I) are seriously thinking of riding this weekend (total of about 10-12" of snow, but no grooming yet).

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/6/25379/ITEM/Scorpion-VX-24-Hellraiser-Helmet.aspx

Thanks,
Scott

Hahhahhahaa!

You just HAD to rub your snow in, didn't ya Scott!?! lol ;):D

Will bring up a TRAIL JAMZ for ya!
:Rockon:

Will definitely like this, Easy & sounds Great!

We have been finishing up some cool new stuff & making TRAIL JAMZ and YamaHeaters like crazy here!
Otherwise, would be up there right now!!!
(I know what a bunch of guys & gals are getting for Christmas!)

Heading to Houghton on the 14th of Dec. (Riding 15th - 19th)
You coming up?

Rock :-o ;)!

Well my birthday finally came and went so I got to open my new trail jamz system and get it installed in my helmet. I opted for the premium speakers with the amp and it ROCKS!! I sat in the dining room with my helmet on, jaming out to tunes for like an hour. I was in my own little world, it actually got my heart racing to think about how cool this is going to be while riding on the trail.

I got the yamcharger installed, combined with the tunes its gunna be a rockin season..

Over the past few years I've also tried riding with earbuds and such attached to either my ipod or cell phone and the biggest problem with it was that when stopping to talk or getting started to ride it was always such a hassle to get everything in place and working or the volume turned down to talk when stopping - just to much hassle to enjoy using it. Last spring Rock let me test out a trail jamz unit while riding with him in the u.p. I was amazed at how easy it was to use and how convenient it was in that it all was contained on/in the helmet (no wires running into your coat) - the volume was good and the volume knob worked great even with gloves on. All the things that bothered me with things I had tried before were gone. After trying it for a day I told Dude he wasn't getting it back!! Rock's kit definitely takes all the hassle out of being able to get your groove on while riding.

Do these use a special velcro?
I use 2 different helmets on trips. i usually use the moto-x style, but sometimes i gotta go back to the old HJC full face. would be nice to be able to move em back an forth.

Wozy said:
Do these use a special velcro?
I use 2 different helmets on trips. i usually use the moto-x style, but sometimes i gotta go back to the old HJC full face. would be nice to be able to move em back an forth.

The Velcro is Industrial Strength Velcro, holds extremely well!
You can get it at many stores, not cheap, but it works.

Generally, i suggest getting 2 pairs of speakers, one for each helmet.
The rest of your TRAIL JAMZ system is very easy & fast to change from helmet to helmet.

Back