• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My first impressions of the Vector LTX GT...

RSV

Expert
I received my LTX GT yesterday, and I must say it's a big step forward from the old chassis. 661lbs, all wet! Not too bad, but only 6 lbs lighter then the Apex LTX... Allthough it is 24 lbs lighter then my old '04 Warrior was.

The biggest news IMO is the seating position. It's great! Not too much forward, not too little, it's very comfortable. I was worried the seat would be too soft for me (260 lbs), but it has the same density as the Mountain-models (Apex) my dealer had in the shop. The Attak I sat on this spring was softer then this seat...

The engine is still the same old marvel I loved in my '05 Venture TF. I just love this engine! It's almost like a harley in comparison to the high-reving Apex-engine, it just relaxes me... The only downside is the loud exhaust. I can't remember my '05 being this loud? It might just be my memory... LOL

It will be interesting to see how the mono-rear will perform. It seems as though they put on a stiffer spring for the european market, since it's set in the middle of the cam-adjuster, and I can hardly compress it when jumping on it. I think it will be just about right after the suspension has been "broken in". The front-suspension seems quite soft in the stock-setup.

The Rip-Saw is still the same old Warrior one, clipped every third... WHY???? It's dragging so bad on the stand I had to wet it. You could smell burning rubber otherwise... WTF? The track is number one on my list of things to go next summer, can't afford a new one this year. The next track will be fully clipped, with BRP-extroverts! It's 2008 soon isn't it??? Why won't Yamaha "get with the program" on this subject? At least put on a fully clipped track!

Who designed the panels on this thing? I guess it's the motorcycle-designers which has been transfered over to the sled-department??? Has he/she/them been out in the dark in freezing conditions testing their design? It has to be the most complex panels/hoods I've ever seen... Why not have a normal hood on it? The few pounds (?) saved on a shorter wire-loom for the pod and lights, would easily be justified by an engine-compartment that would actually be accessible. And you have to disassemble the light-pod to get the air-cleaner off??? It's just plain nuts to get at anything on this sled. Turn this, loosen that, twist, pull, yank, swear, and so on.... Just to get at almost nothing! WOW! I guess I'd better start practising taking the panels off before the cold sets in... You take one step forward with the riding-position, and 24 steps back with the cowling.... LOL

Well, enough ranting, to some it might seem harsh, but I'm just writing my impressions of it... Overall it's small glitches here and there, but it will be a great touring-sled as far as I can tell. Great comfort, insane mileage, and smoooooth.... I can't wait! ;)!

Attachments

• RSVector LTX GT 016 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 016 (Medium).jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 103

When I got my 06 RTX awhile back, I thought the same thing. All the stuff you have to take apart to do anything. Especially just to get at the plugs. After a little practice though, it's a snap. Now I can have my attak apart in just a few minutes. I also have the 06 Vector GT here and it is nice to just flip up the hood and there is everything. lol

You're on the right path, practice now so you know what to do when your out in the cold.

You shouldn't really have to do anything on the trail tho. These sleds are bullet proof, I swear.

Congrats on the new machine and enjoy....

-Vince

I tore my sled down tonight, took all panels off including the headlight pod. Really not too bad of a job, but I am missing the simplicity of my old sled where you could just lift the hood and everything was there. The maze of hoses and electrical connections and gussets on this sled is pretty spectacular. Now I understand why Yamahas are so reliable...because they HAVE to be! LOL!

Metallicat said:
I tore my sled down tonight, took all panels off including the headlight pod. Really not too bad of a job, but I am missing the simplicity of my old sled where you could just lift the hood and everything was there. The maze of hoses and electrical connections and gussets on this sled is pretty spectacular. Now I understand why Yamahas are so reliable...because they HAVE to be! LOL!

Hahaha.... You said it!!!

The plugs don't worry me one bit. On my '05 Venture TF, I only had to take the plugs out once (my own mistake).

Is it winter yet?????? LOL :-o

Attachments

• RSVector LTX GT 017 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 017 (Medium).jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 96
  • RSVector LTX GT 018 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 018 (Medium).jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 99
  • RSVector LTX GT 019 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 019 (Medium).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 86
Why worry about taking panels off ??? It's a Yamaha the panels are meant to be taken off in the summer for cleaning and maintance ..In the winter just ride ....

kyzer said:
Why worry about taking panels off ??? It's a Yamaha the panels are meant to be taken off in the summer for cleaning and maintance ..In the winter just ride ....

I think you missed my point... It seems the person/-s thinking up these things, doesn't have a clue IMO about what will be practical. They are too focused on the overall design. But why not make it practical AND stylish???? It's just my take on it... ;)!

Metallicat, does your's have the extra cooler in the back and the adjustable brake-handle? And how come they didn't put the small radiator and fan on it like the Apex's? Did they put the rear-cooler on instead? Or is this only done on the European models? Questions, questions..... LOL

Attachments

• RSVector LTX GT 023 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 023 (Medium).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 86
  • RSVector LTX GT 014 (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 014 (Medium).jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
The US versions did not come with the extra rear cooler, nor the adjustable brake handle. Sounds like the Europeans got some extra goodies with the upgraded skis and cooling system.

RSV said:
Metallicat, does your's have the extra cooler in the back and the adjustable brake-handle? And how come they didn't put the small radiator and fan on it like the Apex's? Did they put the rear-cooler on instead? Or is this only done on the European models? Questions, questions..... LOL

Nice pics there! Now take off all of those warning decals and you're set!

I actually had a dream about riding my Vector last night. It was pretty realistic and vivid.

Thanks for the reply! Weird that they do so much different for each market? Or is it just a stock LTX versus the GT issue??? I thought the US-version also had the cooler, since they have added stud-protectors. We usually don't stud our sleds over here... The cooler will become handy when towing a sleigh, the '04 Warrior had to have one added, and it's been stock on all longtrack-sleds ever since over here.

Yes, the stickers will come off VERY soon... ;)!

None of the Vectors / Apex / Attack / Rage models ever came with the extra rear cooler. Yamaha does offer it as an accessory (something like $50 for the short track and $100 for long track models). Seems like they would just put them on from the factory for the North American market too since they must know that some people are experiencing overheating from time to time.

RSV said:
Thanks for the reply! Weird that they do so much different for each market? Or is it just a stock LTX versus the GT issue??? I thought the US-version also had the cooler, since they have added stud-protectors. We usually don't stud our sleds over here... The cooler will become handy when towing a sleigh, the '04 Warrior had to have one added, and it's been stock on all longtrack-sleds ever since over here.

Yes, the stickers will come off VERY soon... ;)!

Yes, I know. It's good Yamaha Scandinavia has made it a standard issue over here then. And so it should, since I paid 22.500$ for mine... We also get two years factory warranty on them over here.

Doesn't yours have the Apex-radiator either?

Did you just use WD 40 to remove the glue-residue after you removed your stickers?

No Apex radiator - just the front and running board heat exchangers on ours.

Yes, WD40 does work, just use a very soft microfiber towel to clean off the residue or you will scratch your painted surfaces. Using a hair dryer to heat the sticker while you're pulling will minimize the cleanup effort. They sell a product here that is made specifically for removing sticker glue which works wonders. I have some now because it came with the decal package that I bought for my sled.

I am going to upgrade my rear idler wheels to OEM Polaris style wheels with the replacable bearings.

RSV said:
Yes, I know. It's good Yamaha Scandinavia has made it a standard issue over here then. And so it should, since I paid 22.500$ for mine... We also get two years factory warranty on them over here.

Doesn't yours have the Apex-radiator either?

Did you just use WD 40 to remove the glue-residue after you removed your stickers?

OK, thanks.

I'll check out what the paint-store has in stock.

I won't be changing anything on mine until next year. I'm riding "the beast" stock this year! LOL

Cool key-rings they've got this year...

Attachments

• RSVector LTX GT (Medium).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT (Medium).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 81
What, no turbo this year!? LOL!

Let me guess, your sled came with that key ring. Again, we get screwed in the US. LOL!

RSV said:
OK, thanks.

I'll check out what the paint-store has in stock.

I won't be changing anything on mine until next year. I'm riding "the beast" stock this year! LOL

Cool key-rings they've got this year...

Back