• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MY NYTRO IS GETTING FASTER WITH AGE!!!!

DeerHuntr

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Hey guys, I bought my 09 RTX a year ago in January and put 1400 miles on it last season. My top speed was 96-97 mph last year no matter how long I held it, it would pull like a freight train to 85 then slowly climb the last ten mph. Well I clicked over 2000 miles today and put it up on a snow/ ice covered road and saw 103mph one time and then on a different stretch 105mph and it got there in a hurry, slowly climbed from 101-105 but it has never pulled top end this well, I believe it wasn't done just ran out of room. Pretty damn impressive for havinng a 330 # rider aboard!!! My buddy is about 170# and rides a 06 F6 and on the same stretch of road he got 103. It's not just the conditions today either, seems like since I've left 1600 miles or so its been getting faster every ride and 100mph hasn't been an issue. I have made no changes at all, shes bone stock, haven't even cleaned the clutches yet. Wondering if this is what you guys have been seeing, do these things get better with miles???

They do get better with age and you will likely find your clutching will be further and further off as the miles pile on. Sweet huh?

My 09 xtx would originally top out at 109 on the speedo. Now it will hit 112 with about 2,400 miles. Has it started to whistle yet?

im 190lbs and short, i have 114 studs bender kit on it and cKR whatever plugs, i was on a race track on the ICE lake with a tailwind and on the radar gun i NEVER topped 105.8mph. 6 passes, that was all she had......even though the gauge said 112mph, all my passes were perfect. the sled didn't have a mark or dust bunny on it, clutches were CLEAN and i used both a 600mile belt and a NEW belt mixed in-between passes just to see if made a difference. my xtx has around 600miles on it FRESH service and NO GAS IN THE TANK.....hell i never even wore a coat OR had the tool pouch in the sled.

same day my 08 apex, 144 picks, bone STOCK, no gas, 6 passes same track pulled 110.8mph on the gun 3 times. same crap with the belts and cleaning, clutches etc.... not to mention out of the 100 4 holers there i came 2nd at that speed in the stock class.

i highly doubt that sled went 105mph unless you were driving downhill on ice with a tailwind. your speedo is out AT-LEAST 5-7mph. that xtx will NEVER beat a stock apex on the lake, you'll never see 110mph unless they change the motor or you spend some serious green.

roberterin said:
im 190lbs and short, i have 114 studs bender kit on it and cKR whatever plugs, i was on a race track on the ICE lake with a tailwind and on the radar gun i NEVER topped 105.8mph. 6 passes, that was all she had......even though the gauge said 112mph, all my passes were perfect. the sled didn't have a mark or dust bunny on it, clutches were CLEAN and i used both a 600mile belt and a NEW belt mixed in-between passes just to see if made a difference. my xtx has around 600miles on it FRESH service and NO GAS IN THE TANK.....hell i never even wore a coat OR had the tool pouch in the sled.

same day my 08 apex, 144 picks, bone STOCK, no gas, 6 passes same track pulled 110.8mph on the gun 3 times. same crap with the belts and cleaning, clutches etc.... not to mention out of the 100 4 holers there i came 2nd at that speed in the stock class.

i highly doubt that sled went 105mph unless you were driving downhill on ice with a tailwind. your speedo is out AT-LEAST 5-7mph. that xtx will NEVER beat a stock apex on the lake, you'll never see 110mph unless they change the motor or you spend some serious green.

Not saying your numbers are wrong but there are guys on here seeing 110-115mph with just exhaust and intake mods.

exactly..... exhaust, intake, pcIII is going to run you almost $2K....even more in canada. a bone stock xtx on a packed lake/road whatever, with a 300 pound man on it will NOT DO 105mph on gps/radar. ill bet my house on it. please dont think im arguing, with the right stuff and a good wallet anything can rock and roll. a supercharged nytro went 121.3mph the same day, have no clue what he was running, same charger in the apex ran 147.8mph................

i love the nytro, dont get me wrong,\\rob

roberterin said:
exactly..... exhaust, intake, pcIII is going to run you almost $2K....even more in canada. a bone stock xtx on a packed lake/road whatever, with a 300 pound man on it will NOT DO 105mph on gps/radar. ill bet my house on it. please dont think im arguing, with the right stuff and a good wallet anything can rock and roll. a supercharged nytro went 121.3mph the same day, have no clue what he was running, same charger in the apex ran 147.8mph................

i love the nytro, dont get me wrong,\\rob

Never said it was on the gun, speeds were all speedo read. I'm just astonished that Ive picked up damn near 10 mph since new without changing anything!!! Mine is a RTX not an xtx too so I was never expecting to see the speedo past 100. Simmer down there and read a little more slowly, you may comprehend more. All sleds aren't equal either, maybe yours is a pooch :die

deanhell said:
My 09 xtx would originally top out at 109 on the speedo. Now it will hit 112 with about 2,400 miles. Has it started to whistle yet?

Nope no whistle yet, why does yours whistle???

roberterin said:

I ran 110 on the GPS with mine last weekend.... There are lost of guys running way higher speed than you are...

roberterin said:

I ran 110 on the GPS with mine last weekend.... There are lost of guys running way higher speed than you are... In fact there are guys that can run 105 in a 1000ft.... All GPS speeds...

Thanks allot Arteeex!! I was just telling my friends that my 03 REV did that just before she poped the first time!!! Hope you didn't jinx me :moon:

Back