• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer Burnt to a pile of ashes this weekend

Well, it is not so much that I am waiting for another fire... Rather, I am hoping for a solution to the fires/overheating so that I can enjoy my Phazer worry-free.

As a 5'10", 120lb female rider it is hard to find a sled that is nimble enough to move around, has a higher stance for my long legs and has a little (but not too much) juice to play with. I haven't had my Phazer for long, but I really do love its maneuverability. I love the turbo power. I love the seat height. I just don't like the flames licking my snowpants!!

So, I have come to this forum not to lay blame on Yamaha or the turbo manufacturer, but to find solutions that will allow the Phazer to work for me. That's it. I'm not trying to be silly or ignorant or to lay blame. I just wanna ride my sled!!

No offense, but the Phazer without a turbo is a total dog to ride... I'd rather go down in a pile of flames. I genuinely have no idea what the riding is like in moose lake, mn but here in the Canadian Rockies, you can get yourself in a whole lot of trouble by being underpowered. Unless you can suggest a stock sled with that will handle just as well and have the power I like, I'm gonna stick to my turbo.

YamaMamma said:
No offense, but the Phazer without a turbo is a total dog to ride... I'd rather go down in a pile of flames.

By the sounds of it, you might get to. Hope not, good luck on a fix!

the stock flex connectors on the exhaust do fail, did the exhaust get louder
sounding? I installed the mcx flex connectors and so far so good.

If I had all that $ tied up with a Turbo I would do whatever shielding could be done and then I would add a Fire Suppressant system like alot of boats and race cars have.Wire the activation switch to a engine kill switch also so when you hit the big red button fire and fuel are both stopped.

cannondale i can see your sled now, it'lll be the one with two halon fire extinguishers mounted like nos bottles lol

YamaMamma said:
No offense, but the Phazer without a turbo is a total dog to ride... I'd rather go down in a pile of flames. I genuinely have no idea what the riding is like in moose lake, mn but here in the Canadian Rockies, you can get yourself in a whole lot of trouble by being underpowered. Unless you can suggest a stock sled with that will handle just as well and have the power I like, I'm gonna stick to my turbo.

I hear ya on the power needed for mountain riding...not sure what a turbo costs though, but would a Nytro be cheaper in the long run?

Rick

I think I might have spent the money on decent insurance if I had the money to buy a turbo. Also, while it is a shame that you lost your sled, trying to scam the insurance or get Yamaha to cover the problem the turbo caused is just lame.

Ricketts said:
" I hear ya on the power needed for mountain riding...not sure what a turbo costs though, but would a Nytro be cheaper in the long run? "

I did try a Nytro that a friend had rented when we went to Revelstoke last weekend. I don't know if it was a rat-bagged rental or what, but the suspension was soggy and the power was "myeh". We had alot of fresh snow (4-5ft deep) and I found that the extra weight of the Nytro exhausted my girly, pipe-cleaner arms when playing in the deep!

Maybe if the power had been a little more forthcoming when cutting thru the snow I wouldn't have had to work so hard, but I would have to take steroids to ride a Nytro full time (assuming that is normal power/handling and not just rental ugliness). I was a little disappointed, because the Nytro was an option I had thought of going to if we don't get the Turbo issues solved...

And yes, I do have decent insurance. I reviewed the fire policy 2 days ago- right after I saw the photos on here.... Hope to not have to use it :)

phaze5 said:
cannondale i can see your sled now, it'lll be the one with two halon fire extinguishers mounted like nos bottles lol

Parachute too for the insane jumps those mountain riders do!Hey a chute might even help in a slide!

YamaMamma said:

none taken im a flatlander so the phazer has plenty of power to make it the most fun sled ive ever riden. i second the adding as much heat sheilding as you can. and good luck

ak said:
the stock flex connectors on the exhaust do fail, did the exhaust get louder
sounding? I installed the mcx flex connectors and so far so good.

There was a Yanki Shira exhaust on his Phazer, if it had gotten any louder, you would have heard it where you live. If you looked up loud in the dictionary there would have been a picture of his Phazer next to it

:hide:

Back