• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer MTX Turbo Project Log

Well, has there been any summer build or re-build progress on this project? I know it's difficult to make time for sled stuff when the weather's nice, but also likely the best time for more extensive mods. :) I heard a two-stroke machine (must have been a Jet-Ski on the river, but sure sounded like a sled!) doing some full-throttle pulls yesterday evening, and it reminded me of what I should be working on.

I found a huge cooler from ebay for a great price.
I decided that since I really wanted a black tunnel, and it would be so much easier to install the cooler if the tunnel was removed,
I might as well pull it to install, and then send it out for coating.
View attachment 133039

I got all the holes drilled for the cooler and removed the rear bumper/snow flap.
View attachment 133041
From what sled does the cooler come from ?

What happened to this member? Hard to believe he would go this long without an update of some sort.
Hope all is well.

Well, has there been any summer build or re-build progress on this project? I know it's difficult to make time for sled stuff when the weather's nice, but also likely the best time for more extensive mods. :) I heard a two-stroke machine (must have been a Jet-Ski on the river, but sure sounded like a sled!) doing some full-throttle pulls yesterday evening, and it reminded me of what I should be working on.

No progress at all to be honest. It came home from the trip out west and is sitting in the same location untouched. Even my trail sled is sitting in the corner of the garage, ski-less and collecting dust. To be completely honest I have no idea what my plans for it are. It desperately needs a good dyno tune.

From what sled does the cooler come from ?
I noticed when that picture was originally posted, that someone had written "06 Summit 1000 162" on the cooler, so I'm guessing that's what it came from. I just did a quick eBay search for that, and the coolers shown in the results looked like the one Digital Fusion installed. Take a look and see what you think.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...6+ski+doo+Summit+1000+heat+exchanger&_sacat=0

Yup. Thats exactly what it came from. I got it from ebay for $53 bucks

What happened to this member? Hard to believe he would go this long without an update of some sort.
Hope all is well.
I pm'ed him. Hope all is well.

I'm alive and kickin'.

Nothing has changed.

I wont be able to swing any trips out west this year, so I haven't really had any reason/motivation to work on this sled.

I wont be able to swing any trips out west this year, so I haven't really had any reason/motivation to work on this sled.

Yeahhhhh, but that's all the more reason to work on it now, so that it is totally ready to go when the snow is falling again. I do realize it may be difficult for you to make progress without being able to tune though. Are you at least still interested in getting some sort of group buy together for some CP low compression pistons?

Honestly guys? I think I am just gonna sell it. Maybe at Hay Days or something.

I've just got too many projects going and something has to give.

Back