• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Two Cents, for what it's worth.

An extra .02 cents:

Buying a spring sled should be like buying a car.
Give me THIS model in THAT color with THESE shocks THAT track and throw in the cool LCD TV screen that actually FITS the sled that i'll never use after mile 10, but my friends will think i'm cool.

MY $
MY CHOICE

An extra .02 cents:

Give me THIS model in THAT color with THESE shocks THAT track and throw in the cool LCD TV screen that actually FITS the sled that i'll never use after mile 10, but my friends will think i'm cool.

MY $
MY CHOICE

SteveO has pretty much nailed how I feel about spring ordering a sled with the features that you want.

Just like paying for a boob job. You should get what you want right? :hide:

You haven't lived until you've experienced Ontario signage. About as useful as a stockpile of toilet paper during a pandemic. :D
lol..
An extra .02 cents:

MY $
MY CHOICE
bravo Steve..Yamaha would have several months to put options on the sled...for me it would have been great to see a sled that came with pre studded track..studs come in real handy late season.

why cant they run the system they offer in the side by side yxz? you would think they could make a nice mount for that unit
I really thought they would have made that an option for the 2021 sleds. I would think very versatile! If you look at some of the video reviews on it you will see on the different vehicle selection they have a snowmobile option. Use the same unit on your sxs, atv, sled, and your car. I would think you would sell quite a few of them. Go on youtube and look at some of the videos on it. It looks like it would be very comparable to the Polaris unit.

Just watched a review on youtube for Yamaha's Adventure Pro GPS and when they showed a clip of the vehicle type, there was no listing for a snowmobile. Now, there is section for Dirt Type that does list snow but it appears in its current state, there is not a selection for a snowmobile in the Selection Type...yet

yamigps.JPG

Edit: I was mistaken, as there is a selection for the types farmer73 mentioned:

yamigps.JPG

Last edited:
Just watched a review on youtube for Yamaha's Adventure Pro GPS and when they showed a clip of the vehicle type, there was no listing for a snowmobile. Now, there is section for Dirt Type that does list snow but it appears in its current state, there is not a selection for a snowmobile in the Selection Type...yet

View attachment 154401

Edit: I was mistaken, as there is a selection for the types farmer73 mentioned:

View attachment 154402
Yeah that sled option is what I saw on the vehicle selection!

I guess if you need a GPS unit on your snowmachine so be it. They don't work half of the time anyways I'll stick with a map and make sure I know were I'm going before I leave. There is going to be a lot of accidents with all these new fancy dash board's they are putting on these machines now days because instead of watching were they are going they will be looking down at the GPS unit.

I guess if you need a GPS unit on your snowmachine so be it. They don't work half of the time anyways I'll stick with a map and make sure I know were I'm going before I leave. There is going to be a lot of accidents with all these new fancy dash board's they are putting on these machines now days because instead of watching were they are going they will be looking down at the GPS unit.

Nobody is going to crash due to the screen. I've had a GPS on my Viper since 2015 and never look at it until I stop at an intersection.
I've been a Yamaha fan for many years and enjoyed my Viper but with the Arctic Cat agreement I was tired of not having anything meaningful new from Yamaha.

So I sold my Viper this year and I'm going to try a Polaris 850 VR1 but didn't care for the following Viper issues:
- Arctic Cat messed with the ECU and it's still not good enough with all the flashes. (Engine and ECU never matched my Nytro)
- Starter kick back was a debacle.
- The oil change process is a PITA (removing the hood is ridiculous and held together with wood screws)
- Tri-hub is terrible
- Shock calibration was poor vs. other OEM's
- Skis were junk.

Just my opinion, time will tell, but I was ready to try something new and I like what Polaris has been developing.

X2

I briefly considered a VR1 as well. But it was going to cost MORE than a Sidewinder.
No thanks. Maybe pick up a mildly used one in a few years.

No buddy will crash, well I hope your right but I look at it different, half of the people out there riding can't control there sled when they pass you letting you know how many sleds are behind them. I wish they would leave there hands on the bars i can see what is coming down the trail. Good luck with your new Polaris and I hope you like it they are not bad sleds, just remember to keep your catchers mit handy for when the pistons start flying out.

I don't think you can say no one will crash. For Christ sake i was just following a car the other day that damn near turned into a farmers field making a left. Stopped as he crossed the oncoming lane and then went down a few hundred feet and turned down the next road. I gotta believe that asshat was staring at his navigation when he almost made that turn cause it was middle of the day and plainly visible he was turning into nowhere and worse yet you could actually see the road he ended up turning on.

Just my personal opinion (no right or wrong), but I snowmobile to completely escape from technology and screens and just enjoy nature. I spend enough time in front of a screen during the work week. Nothing like a good old map or discovering a new trail and seeing where it leads. Just make sure to bring extra gas!

Back