• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My wifes thumb is too small

MXD

Pro
Is there any way to modify her throttle so it fits her tiny hand any better? She has a hard time reaching it as the day wears on and she gets tired. She rides a 99 VMax 600 Deluxe

same problem here..my gf can hardly reach tghe throttle on her freestyle backcountry.. I tought of a twist throttle but not sure..

Twist throttle is a BAD IDEA for sleds. Far too easy to freeze up.

About the big throttle levers.... yeah, some of those sleds had HUGE throttle levers. What you might be able to do is switch the lever from an older model, say an 80's Phazer or Exciter - they had smaller throttle levers. There are TWO problems with doing this though.... 1) 99 VMax had strong springs, the smaller lever may not offer enough leverage. 2) you've got TWO cables going up to the lever, whereas the older sleds had only ONE. You'd have to stick the two cables together into one under the pad.

Another option... if she doesn't use all the power, you might want to just loosen off the cable to let it squeeze in closer.

Off hand I've seen throttle extensions that add extra grab area above and below the throttle. I think Sno-Bungie makes them???

Looking at it a bit more, it looks like it is meant for slower speeds only. I just don't know how fast.

Flip the thottle around and pull with your fingers ala jetski/waverunner.

No problem and no accidental kill switch hits!

GW

Gkw, I guess that work o.k. with electric start but i saw a friend do that on an older cat, as he feathered the throttle with one hand & pulled with the other PRESTO it fired the clutches engaged & with the movement of the sled going forward he uncontrolably sqeezed harder through the block foundation of the garage & moved the refridgerator at least 10'.

Sounds like driver error...

I know a guy who was moving his sled at a gas station, motor running, helmet on the seat, and when he pulled the skis, throttle hit the helmet and the sled took off and ripped off the hose!

There are all kinds of knuckleheads!!

I just have had great luck running a finger throttle for over 40 years...

GW

Grimm said:
I knew I've seen an accessory like this before...I always saw it in a magazine.

Here's the link: http://clydecanride.com/

Hope it's what you're looking for.

Installed the throttle gizmo on the wife's sled and it works well for her. The only thing is it does give less throttle and therefore less top speed.

Back