• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help with track decision on turbo sled

BlueByYou2000

Staff member
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Most of my racing happens on lakes or fields with hardpack, loose, or whatever kind of snow. The 121x14x1 track just aint getting it done. I would like to stretch to 136 and put the best possible track I can on it for traction in all different snow conditions. I am leaning towards the 1.352 Cobra. Anyone have any real world input here? Thanks

I'm looking at the 136" cobra as well for next season. The 136" x 1.25" RipSaw is shot after 4000 miles.

The Cobra has soft lugs & I think a turbo would destroy that track in a short time for racing. I had a 136 free ride on my 1st turbo sled & it worked very well for dragging on snow. i will be installing the 121 freeride on my newest turbo sled. I just like these tracks for drag racing on snow on a higher hp sled. The lugs are pretty hard & durable & have a very good bite even tho they are only 14 wide. I have a cobra on my nytro & it works very well but a freeride on the same sled had a better holeshot.

I have the 136" Cobra and its the best track ever, but after 1000 miles I am out of adjustment. She likes to stretch with the boost. :nos

136 Cobra

Hows the top end with the 136 cobra, were you running a short track previously?

Overall 1" six pitch Preditor worked well for most conditions but not as good for hooking up under a broader range of conditions as the 1.25" six pitch Preditor.

1" is better for draging on the ice and for handling on the trails, high speeds.

1.25" is better for hookup under all general conditions, but harder to steer on the trails. 1.25" also caused some exaust and Turbo PT tube damage under the tunnel.

208 studs in both tracks. Had to drop my skid 3/4" to clear balloning of 1.25" track at high speeds(A lot more rotating mass).

Durability of both tracks has been excelent for high miles. Have put on about 5000 miles with the 1" and 7000 miles with the 1.25"

Hope this helps ;)!

to have best of both worlds camoplast needs to build a 136 14inch wide 1 inch high . i talked to camoplast last fall and they said if they had 20 orders for this track they would build them but only if ordered by a dealer

I am running a 136 x 1.50 , extraverts ,
96 studs down the middle for braking !

awesome hook and brakes mpi sc apex

visegrip said:
to have best of both worlds camoplast needs to build a 136 14inch wide 1 inch high . i talked to camoplast last fall and they said if they had 20 orders for this track they would build them but only if ordered by a dealer

I would be in for one of them.

Even a 136"x1"x13.5"

Back