• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '11 Apex sneek peek!

YamiSmurf said:
Based off the video, the sled doesn't sound like it has the cross plane technology. Those who test rode it would know. There's definately a different sound.

Sounds like a smoother refined Apex sound. It was hard to see the header pipes when I looked down the tunnel under sled. Through the slushy pipes I seen 4 into one going strait into narrow rear muffler. Looked very simple and neat.

I'm pretty sure the engine is not far off from an Apex. I did notice when I was able to hook up, it had more jam then my Apex down low, but couldn't stretch its legs due to conditions. Warmer temps and soft trail made it hard for comparison. Clutching and gearing changes could also be the reason as well. So many questions and no info on specs to help back up our cloudy assumptions. lol

Dan

SNOWDOG said:
87gtNOS said:
It has remote start!!

You know...I thought the same thing, and even posted on you tube asking Chris, but I don't think it does because if you listen to the video, you can hear someone click the key on, then you hear the sled start...so I think the video was edited to take out whoever was starting it and they wanted us to hear it fire up for the effect of the video...

JMO..

SD

Didn't they take one of our units?

Did you guys listen to that hiss at the very beginning of the video about 4 to 5 seconds into the video and the way the exhaust is shooting out of the dual exhaust. Did Yamaha finally give us a turbo and if they did that and power steering that would be a game changer. Listen very carefully to the video and try to ignore the dubbed in music you can hear what sounds like a turbo just for a few seconds. :jump:

I'm still thinking that the sled you guys rode is different than the one in the "Game Changer" video. I keep looking at the exhaust tips and the hardware around it and they look to be shaped differently. In your pics, I can't make out the exhaust tips...are they pointing outwards like the one in the video?

I agree, those look like two different sleds or prototypes.. video versus trail pics

Grimm said:
I'm still thinking that the sled you guys rode is different than the one in the "Game Changer" video. I keep looking at the exhaust tips and the hardware around it and they look to be shaped differently. In your pics, I can't make out the exhaust tips...are they pointing outwards like the one in the video?

Yes they are.

I am telling you guys it has a low charge turbocharger on it you can hear it in the video. The way the exhaust is shooting out with dual exhausts tells me again that this puppy is turbocharged. I knew Yamaha would have to step up to the plate with turbo charging as Poo, Doo and Cat all have turbo charged engines. It will only be a slight boost like 4 or 5 lbs or less but I really think Yamaha finally did it. Now where is my chegue book????

It has powersteering!
If you look at the pic of the gauge you can clearly see the EPS-symbol under the minute of the clock.

Lets hope its that much better like when the grizzlys came with it. Try selling a 4-wheeler nowadays without PS..

by buddy said he sat on the new apex and said it was sweet. they wouldn't tell him how much hp it had but he said it does have a 4 cyl. said the throttle seemed extremly smooth compared to our apexes and the seat was great. can't wait to see this!

Sled Dog said:
Did you guys listen to that hiss at the very beginning of the video about 4 to 5 seconds into the video and the way the exhaust is shooting out of the dual exhaust. Did Yamaha finally give us a turbo and if they did that and power steering that would be a game changer. Listen very carefully to the video and try to ignore the dubbed in music you can hear what sounds like a turbo just for a few seconds. :jump:
I think your hearing the starter. I listen to the video over and over then I went and started my attak and it sounds the same and I dont have a turbo. :nos

06apexrtx said:
by buddy said he sat on the new apex and said it was sweet. they wouldn't tell him how much hp it had but he said it does have a 4 cyl. said the throttle seemed extremly smooth compared to our apexes and the seat was great. can't wait to see this!

Since the throttle is so smooth did anyone check to see if the throttle has a cable? Could be fly by wire adopted from the R1,just my .02

Back