• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Viper chassis handle Apex type power in a longer term run.....10 years? Or will the rivets start popping out in 3 years?

Well, it's been holding 177 hp since 2012....and probably more as many people mod that engine...cause it's easy to do.

The one thing Yamaha does is engines. I don't see them going cheap on the internals. Its a three hole too, not 4. But as said not going cheap.....well that is another thing, I understand this sled WILL BE EXPENSIVE, get your wallets ready.

The one thing Yamaha does is engines. I don't see them going cheap on the internals. Its a three hole too, not 4. But as said not going cheap.....well that is another thing, I understand this sled WILL BE EXPENSIVE, get your wallets ready.

If it is, can't be more then what they offer now.

If they do offer a new drive system i would
be scared to use it. Because i could almost
guarantee that it will beeak down on some
one on the trail. i would wait after the first
year before switching to the new one until
they get all the bugs worked out of it.

Oh we've been slapped in the face before, but if Y could put in a 4 hole CP in the PC why even go the Turbo route. I'd rather have a N\A 200 HP 4CP than the T, but would not hate the 3holeT if they decided that route, they mean it Y and AC.
Exactly. And 3 cyl. + turbo components probably outweighs Apex engine + gear reduction. Sound, response and reliability all favor the 4-cylinder. All the 8-9k rpm engines around 1 liter must use boost for more power. That's the point of the 4 cyl.- it doesn't need to.

Side panels that kick inwards to draw hot air out, massive air intakes on both sides of hood "ram air "
Opening for rad under bumper, wider body work. Hmmmmmm, Bring it!

Attachments

• 2017 yamaha.jpg
    2017 yamaha.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 126
I'm interested in the top dog yamaha version. Doesn’t matter to me if it's 3 cyl turbo or just 4 cyl. As long as it competes with the other brands top dog. The other thing I want is reliability, which is why I want Yamaha.

If they do offer a new drive system i would
be scared to use it. Because i could almost
guarantee that it will beeak down on some
one on the trail. i would wait after the first
year before switching to the new one until
they get all the bugs worked out of it.

I would the company that develops it uses it on there land speed record sled takes full revs of modified R1, sled does 200 on asphalt use both the gear box of R1 engine and CVT, has special hydraulic primary capable of high rpm 10,000+

Last edited:
I agree with Heritage. There is an article in Snowtrax referencing the 2 main individuals involved with creating their ctech 600 and you have to believe a larger displacement (AC) 2 stroke version is coming. 4 stroke, Yamaha and AC continue to work together, 2 stroke they are competitors... taken right from the video interview.

I truly do not see how they are competitors in 2s? What does Yamaha offer now, nothing thats competitivie as far as a 2s. unless maybe that is a hint that there might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back