• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the snow bikes are cool but a fad that will pass , I don't think they are better than sled for the mountains ,

U right they are 100% better, no trenching, less effort to ride no fad here in Revelstoke more riders are going this route.

They talk about how the skidoo darts a lot and how the 4tec has a lot of throttle lag because it only has one throttle body and a long intake. They complain about how Polaris axys bittoms toobeasy and not as good as r motion. They love the 1049 Yamaha motor and the clutch but say that Yamaha should make a roller secondary.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Roller secondary? Maybe for a peaky 2 stroke that needs to be in a tiny 200 rpm clutching window. With the wide curves the 4 strokes have its not really necessary and at the bottom of the list of needed improvements.

Would be nice to have quicker shifting secondary, although it isn't terrible.

Biggest thing for me is balancing the weight in th chassis and trying to shed some weight off the engine

sent using my personal communication device

Roller secondary? Maybe for a peaky 2 stroke that needs to be in a tiny 200 rpm clutching window. With the wide curves the 4 strokes have its not really necessary and at the bottom of the list of needed improvements.
Apparently cats team clutches have it paired with the 7000 and it works well. It's pretty much what ulmers clutch set up does no? Quicker back shift.

Roger that, I could care less about mountains, they pay nothing to ride unlike groomed trail riders. Basically freeloading on someone else's dime.
You do know that you pay to use the trail.. So why should a mountain rider pay for the trail you use?

One thing for sure we are all very passionate about snowmobiles. This is a fun thread to read.

I'm mellow because I rode last night and getting ready to go again today. Looks like it could be the last weekend of the season.

Here's hoping Yamaha gives us something good to keep our loyalty or its going to be a long summer.

One thing for sure we are all very passionate about snowmobiles. This is a fun thread to read.

I'm mellow because I rode last night and getting ready to go again today. Looks like it could be the last weekend of the season.

Here's hoping Yamaha gives us something good to keep our loyalty or its going to be a long summer.
Lol! I'm still thinking 4 cyl crossplane 180 HP like the 2015 r1 motorcycle.

Yeah I'm heading out myself looks like could be last chance to get some ridinging in. Going to hit high 40 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back